Based on America's current economic status and some recent research, I'll share following information:- 53 percent of American workers make less than $30,000 per year.- Unemployment among 20-29 year-old group is 13 percent.- The percentage of the American workforce (not counting the military) who are employed has been declining every year since 2006.- In the past 12 years, over 56,000 U.S. manufacturing facilities have closed their doors.- Major retail chains are expected to close hundreds of stores in 2013: Best Buy, over 200; Sears, over 100; JC Penney, 300 to 350; GameStop, up to 600; RadioShack, as many as 550 stores. The list goes on with more unemployment rising.- Most Americans cannot afford the payments on a new car.- In a leaked memorandum, it was revealed that Wal-Mart sales in February were "a total disaster."- Student loan default rates are at an all-time high ... because graduates can't find good jobs.- One in six Americans is now on food stamps.Put the political rhetoric aside, and recognize that America is in dire straits. The only way to right this ship is for a sincere repentance and spiritual recrudescence unto Jesus Christ in our government and populace. Without this, America will face a horrible future.If current path continues, the dollar will be greatly devalued and there will be high inflation. Many in America will face great poverty and famine. Jesus Christ is the only answer out of our present situation.Michael ImhofAnderson
- Viewpoint: Criticism of County Council outlandish The viewpoint of Danny Hayes on the Madison County Council was a continuation of his rant in a letter to the editor on Oct. 19.
- Viewpoint: Bullying from Gov. Pence not acceptable Those of us who were horrified at the bullish tactics of Tony Bennett, a man who appeared to care more about stats than students, voted him out. Yet Gov. Pence seems hell-bent on carrying on the same bullish tactics.
Viewpoint: Public should be wary of reservoir hype
Three independent groups reviewed and issued a statement saying the Mounds Lake Reservoir project is bad.
- Letter: Residents can enroll in cancer research What if we could personally participate in research that might help determine factors that cause or prevent cancer?
- Letter: Pastor's view intolerant, inconsistent Once again I find the view of a local pastor to be intolerant and inconsistent.
Letter: Christians being persecuted worldwide
Christians are persecuted in 131 of the world's 193 countries per a Pew Forum study. That said, America has supported many groups doing much of the persecution.
- Viewpoint: Silence encourages this type of government Here is Madison County's government year in review:
- Viewpoint: Vote centers will provide best election experience Earlier this month, a proposal that would have created vote centers throughout Madison County failed to pass the County Election Board. With that, our community lost the opportunity to provide more ways for its citizens to vote.
- Viewpoint: Donations to shelters will help get homeless off the streets Did you know the homeless in the homeless shelters and out on the streets of Anderson, Indiana really do need our help?
- Letter: Look at facts to assess current status Question: “Are you better off now than you were five years ago?” Some may be quick to answer this question without giving it much real thought.
- More Letters Headlines