Rich get richer while poor suffer
Many of us continue to show our loyalty to America’s unions and workers by buying foreign autos. Thanks for sabotaging our economy! When you need our help — forget it.
Thanks for thinking of yourself only, and watch our great country fall apart.
That old, “I’ve got my job, now, get yours,” (this applies to health care and pay, as well) will not work. It’s selfish, greedy and even racist.
What we need is a kick-butt union society and, until that happens, there will never be an economic recovery for the “middle class.”
In Indianapolis, this goofy Republican government we have installed is raising user taxes on basketball, football and other games; anything to insure that the poor pay the whole bill. Anything but the rich. Heaven forbid those who make millions should pay more than a 70-year-old retiree.
Mark my word. Groceries and medicine will be next, just after the rich kill Social Security and Medicare — and your pensions. When it’s all gone, it’s gone. Better act now before it’s too late!
Hostess, who would rather go out of business than pay decent wages, is near selling the Twinkie franchise to a company that will hire a bunch of scab workers and stuff the pockets of a few owners and Wall Street. The recipients of this windfall will all get together and sing, “We love this country.” Personally, I hope they choke on it.
The Republican Party and Wall Street are still mad as hell about President Obama saving General Motors and the related 350,000 jobs. Whose side is Wall Street on? Whose side are the Republicans on?
Rich get richer while poor suffer
- Letter: Quality of water in Killbuck is residents' concern On April 9, in The Herald Bulletin, in a front page article by Zach Osowski, I read about the proposed reservoir in our area. State Sen. Doug Eckert mentioned the future need for water in the Indianapolis area.
- Letter: Columnist's words are mean-spirited Cal Thomas's July 6 column, "Arrogant president harming the nation," exhibits his usual partisanship.
- Letter: City beautification ignores other areas I read in the paper where they are going to start work on their great roundabout. What a waste, they are spending millions on the south side for the great gateway to Anderson and all the while the rest of Anderson is ignored.
- Letter: Poll shows priorities are backward Your recent polling question about schools providing free food for children tells us society has its priorities backwards. The conservatives want low taxes. 53 percent said no to feeding the kids.
Letter: Grandson being punished for ISTEP score
I am a very upset grandparent. My grandson is being punished for having a bad language arts ISTEP score. Not only will they not let him take band, they have taken him out of the honors math that he was supposed to be in.
- Letter: Mounds Lake will do more harm than good How pathetic that promoters of the Mounds Lake Reservoir and dam project are so uncaring of the homes and businesses in the area proposed.
- Letter: President's trade being swept under rug My question to all, why do we keep hearing after a number of months about the shootings in Colorado, Sandy Hook, etc., but yet the president illegally deals with terrorists, trades five for a believed deserter and now it is being swept under the rug?
- Letter: New glass ceiling is $12 an hour All those libertarians, tea party, conservatives (dupes of the rich) are leading America's middle class and poor into poverty and depression.
- Letter: Constitution, laws being trampled Nancy Pelosi said, "When it comes to protecting the children I'm a lioness!" Too bad that doesn't include the babies who are ripped from the womb. How ironic to hear the progressive liberals talk of compassion for illegals while killing our own.
- Letter: Liberal says 'illegal' should be taboo Did you see where a well-known liberal wants to do away with the "I" word? 'I' as in "illegal."
- More Letters Headlines