By Michael Imhof
Global warming is a scam. I’m not the only one of this opinion. John Coleman, Weather Channel founder and meteorologist, has repeatedly gone on record blasting this bogus doctrine.
More recently, speakers at the 2009 International Conference on Climate Change in New York City, have drawn attention to this charade. Many were making a case that global warming is politically motivated and has nothing to do with science. More than 70 scientists, representing the views of tens of thousands of their colleagues, made the argument that media and environmental advocacy groups have it all wrong, that global warming is not a crisis. I could not agree with them more.
One of the prominent speakers was European Union and Czech Republic President Vaclav Klaus. President Klaus is an outspoken critic of manmade global warming doctrine in Europe. He compared the global warming hysteria to the communists of old Europe. Global warming treats people as if they’re naive, uninformed, and confused. Communists treated people in a similar manner. It’s not about climate change, it’s about a mechanism to control and manipulate.
Another keynote speaker was Dr. Richard Lindzen, who has been Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology at MIT for over 25 years. Dr. Lindzen acknowledged that it took him awhile to realize that global warming was a highly organized political movement, and that opposing it was an uphill battle. He said that it has nothing to do with science.
Dr. Lindzen, one of the world’s most respected atmospheric physicists, said that many of his good friends and colleagues have supported global warming out of fear for their jobs, or as a means to get funding for scientific projects. He also referenced the use of supposed “climate models”. He contends that climate models are being fed erroneous data in order to get the results that the global warming alarmists desire.
By Michael Imhof
- Viewpoint: Resources are available to prevent child abuse The word "courage" is often associated with the fight against child abuse. Front line victim advocates have long recognized the need for courage in order to protect victims. Behind the scene advocates need courage to fight for funding and attention to the cause.
- Viewpoint: Tree City USA distinction laughable I thoroughly enjoyed your April Fools' editorial announcing that the city of Anderson had received the Tree City USA distinction. Had I not realized it was a joke, I would have choked on my coffee. I was a little concerned that you did not announce to some of the less enlightened readers that it was an April Fools' joke.
- Letter: Local business gives valued aid to Girl Scouts The Girl Scouts of Central Madison County would like to thank the local Coca-Cola Distribution Center for their wonderful support.
- Letter: American people still don't know the full truth I think the last presidential election may have been the most corrupt one in the history of this nation.
- Letter: Public should get informed about fracking The League of Women Voters recently offered the viewing of "Gasland part 11" at the library. There were eight people there including myself.
- Letter: Indianapolis will be the winner with reservoir There have been many articles in The Herald Bulletin both pro and con about the proposed Mounds Lake reservoir. Let me put my two cents worth in, and I am sure that is how some will take it.
- Letter: American Right makes Left turn The American Right has suddenly made a Left turn on government surveillance after several years supporting George W. Bush's program to eavesdrop on telephone calls and read emails of American citizens without warrants.
- Viewpoint: Improving the job climate for our communities Looking back at the 2014 legislative session, I am pleased that the Indiana House Republicans accomplished everything we set out to achieve.
- Letter: Local gas prices exceed other counties' I'm all for free enterprise but when it comes to these gas prices in Madison County it comes close to thievery.
- Letter: Don't divide Israel President Obama is intensely pressuring Israel to follow his peace plan, which means returning to its 1948 borders. This is foolish policy.
- More Letters Headlines