- Viewpoint: TV, movies glamorize destruction to solve problems This letter is in reference to Walter Williams' column titled "Are guns the problem? Moral standards of conduct are under siege."
- Letter: Keep religious studies out of schools I agree with Everett Waymire in his Sept. 13, 2013, Viewpoint, when it comes to religious education programs. Not only is it wasting our children's time while they are supposed to be doing school work, it's teaching this Christian doctrine which should be done in church.
Viewpoint: Newspaper reports mischaracterize Ivy Tech
Media consultants will provide advice that when a person or institution is unfairly attacked or mischaracterized in the newspaper the person or institution should just leave it alone.
- Letter: Traffic flow would spur commerce I have read many articles about annexation and working with other counties concerning commercial growth. Not once have I read where an idea would give reason for a business or company to move to the central location of Indiana.
- Letter: Elwood police shouldn't stop investigations I read in the newspaper where the prosecutor wants the police to quit investigating the mayor's family in Elwood. How does he figure that investigating a crime is investigating a family?
- Viewpoint: No to proposed 'vote centers' proposal in county The Sept. 18th presentation by our Madison County Election Board raised many concerns regarding the proposed changes to our voting procedures in Madison County. While I appreciate the hard work that obviously went into developing the proposal and the public presentation, I disagree with the proposal.
- Viewpoint: Vote centers will replace outdated election system A recent Viewpoint on vote centers made some statements on the proposed vote center proposal to be decided by the County Election Board on Nov. 5 that need to be addressed with facts and full explanations and not distorted by scare tactics and partial definitions.
- Letter: Donated coats warm nearly 1,300 residents The article titled "Bundled up or turned away" did not represent the true spirit behind the very successful Community Hospital Anderson's Coats of Caring event.
- Letter: Animals should be protected from people To the 42 percent of you people who think animals are animals and people are people, better open your eyes.
- Letter: Comparing Obamacare to holocaust ludicrous I can only guess that Sean Baltz (letter published Oct. 26) is too young to know the true nature of the Nazi Germans.
- More Letters Headlines