- Letter: Pence's actions shouldn't be a surprise Shocking! Mike Pence is "laid back and likes to come up with ideas, and let someone else figure out to do it."
- Letter: Solutions offered to make up class time Have you ever thought about putting the school system on winter hours? If you would delay the start of school the two hours and make it end two hours longer, I can't see any harm in that.
- Letter: De la Bastide's return to THB is good news A grateful thank-you to the editors of The Herald Bulletin for a much-needed addition.
Viewpoint: Climate change is real, caused by us
Hello boys and girls, here's the truth about Climate Change. Not only is it real, but we caused it. Ice cores drilled in the arctic show that CO2 was 280 ppm (parts per million) in pre-industrial times prior to the 19 century.
- Viewpoint: Every president has issued executive orders Enough with the hysteria! The people who are all in a huff about President Obama’s promise to use executive orders need to get a grip. Every president, beginning with George Washington, has issued executive orders.
- Viewpoint: Inclusive love embraces all people My church, the Unitarian Universalist Church of Muncie, voted unanimously in December to oppose House Joint Resolution 3 because we believe in an inclusive love that embraces all people and because we believe that each and every person has inherent worth and dignity. HJR3 does not treat each and every person as if they had inherent worth and dignity.
- Viewpoint: Elwood's Christmas lights expenditure too extravagant With the Indiana State Board of Accounts' scathing review of Mr. Arnold's spending during the first year of 2012, wait until they see 2013. Get the Rolaids ready.
- Viewpoint: Leaders should stand tall and move Indiana forward When faced with angry pastors and congregants who wanted to keep only to the old way and who tried to block any kind of change, Dr. John Morrison, first president of Anderson University, wrote in his journal, "As I look into the future, I see the church going forth to conquer, to put down evil, to lift up righteousness, to establish justice, to purge society of corruption."
- Viewpoint: Our nation is like a ship without a sail Have we gone too far? Many times in my lifetime I have heard challenges by politicians and clergy alike using II Chronicles 7:14, "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
- Viewpoint: The energy just wasn't there for Denver Well, we call a game "a game" because that is precisely what it is. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night. Sunday, Seattle won and they deserve it.
- More Letters Headlines