- Letter: Business property taxes hard on whom? In a recent column, Maureen Hayden was trying to make a case for abolishing the business property tax.
- Letter: Koch brothers' billions give them power Together the Koch brothers' inherited fortunes make them the second largest personal fortune in the world. These two are the real-life Duke brothers from "Trading Places" that are driving our nation into the basement of the outhouse.
- Viewpoint: Core values — things that you would give your life for I'm confused. Are you also? How do you swear to uphold the Constitution if you don't know what's in it?
Viewpoint: Same threat to our county, different 'owner'
On Sept. 9, 2013, The Herald Bulletin front page headline read, “Best Way Disposal buys Mallard Lake Landfill property.” The headline’s subtitle, “No plans to develop property as landfill,” resulted in sighs of relief by many Madison County residents who thought that finally, after 35 years of fierce opposition, the threat to our water which the dump would pose was finally crushed.
- Viewpoint: It is government's role to protect social order No topic has grabbed the American media like "same-sex marriage." It is the new "civil rights" movement.
- Viewpoint: 3,664,879 pills equals Madison County epidemic On Dec. 15, 2013, I wrote a Letter to the Editor asking if there was an epidemic in the over-prescription of drugs to our Madison County schoolchildren.
- Letter: More rights being taken from US citizens Congress should not allow President Obama to get away with all his "executive orders."
- Letter: Obama operating on a 'bully' pulpit As I continue to read the diehard libs' letters I wonder if liberalism is a mental disorder. One still calls Benghazi a witch hunt while another laments over loss of benefits exhausted because of Obama's failed policies. It's obvious they refuse to let the facts cloud their judgment.
- Letter: Context needed to study history In the mid 1700s a Virginian planter named Landon Carter stated that he abhorred slavery.
- Letter: Weigh the facts, not the distortion For several years I have been reading various "Letters to the Editor" sent by Bill J. Paschal. His letter of Jan. 16, concerning the scandal and cover-up of the Benghazi attack, was more than I could stomach.
- More Letters Headlines