- Letter: Obamacare a global elitist bill Peggy Noonan, of The Wall Street Journal, recently stated that Obamacare has been nothing but a "huge, historic" mess and I most certainly agree.
- Letter: Gridlock may be only hope for this country Sen. Clayborne jumped the gun. According to the White House scandal playbook, he called the newest VA scandal "racists" too soon. First you deny, then you say "I just heard about it on TV."
Viewpoint: Kids in crisis need our discipleship
"It's not easy being a kid." Most of us would agree with that statement whether our childhood was spent in the anti-establishment days of the 1960s, the counter-culture of the 1970s or some other decade. While every generation experiences challenges, today's kids are living in a world where the role of family is being challenged in unprecedented ways.
Viewpoint: Indiana should raise its state tobacco tax
World No Tobacco Day is an annual awareness event that draws worldwide attention to the tobacco epidemic and highlights the need for effective policies to reduce tobacco use.
- Letter: City has neglected Shadyside Park The city wants to build a park downtown and they can’t take care of the parks they already have! Also, a suggestion to the mayor and the people wanting to build a lake. Go to Daleville and rent canoes from Canoe Country and float White River from Yorktown to 10th Street park. Now let’s cut down all the trees you saw in eight or nine miles. Would Anderson still be a Tree City?
- Viewpoint: Vote for America, not a political party On Memorial Day, I attended a memorial service in Elwood, Indiana, following the parade. We had the reading of names of those from Elwood who lost their lives in wars to protect our Constitution and freedoms. Later I watched a short movie about the military, "I did it for you."
- Letter: Turner's constituents should be outraged Hoosiers ought to rebel against the state's shenanigans that allow Gov. Pence and his administration to funnel Indiana taxpayers' money to millionaire state Rep. Eric Turner, who represents Indiana House District 32.
- Letter: Speculators cause gas prices to be higher The first big holiday weekend for traveling is here. Gas prices are higher than they need to be because our Republican Congress will not allow any rules on "speculation" with Wall Street investment firms.
- Letter: Civil War casualties outnumber other wars When you state (in May 26 editorial) the number of military members who died in wars, you should have stated foreign wars. The casualty count for the Civil War (or the War Between the States, depending on which state in which you were born), was at least 618,000, and some scholars feel as many as 700,000.
- Reader viewpoint: Pray, give to help victims of Nigerian kidnapping On April 14, in the small village of Chibok, Nigeria, hundreds of teenage girls were awakened in the middle of the night by men wearing paramilitary garb who claimed to be moving them to safety.
- More Letters Headlines