The following churches will have Maundy Thursday services and Good Friday services:
- The Middletown Community Good Friday service will be at the Methodist Church, 625 High St., at 6 p.m. It be followed by the “Walk of the Cross” to the downtown area for all who are able.
Other Holy Week events include a free community dinner from 5 to 6:15 p.m. this evening and 7 p.m. Maundy Thursday services.
- Maundy Holy Thursday services will be held at 6 p.m. tonight at Elm Grove Christian Church, 2940 N. 300W, Anderson.
- Maundy Thursday at 6 p.m., a Seder meal and the Lord’s Supper will be held in the Park Place Church of God Fellowship Hall. Cost is $5 for adults; children ages 4 through fifth grade, $2; families, $15. Foot washing will follow for women, men and families.
Good Friday Meditation, 4:30 and 6:30 p.m. in the Park Place Community Center Gym, 802 E. Fifth St. A unique dramatic expression of Jesus’ life using the artistry of masks, created by Doug Berky. Free admission.
- A Maundy Thursday service of candles, music and readings will be at 7 p.m. this evening in the sanctuary at Central Christian Church, 10th and Jackson streets. At 7 p.m. Friday Pastor Rick Vale will lead Good Friday worship and communion in Schuster Chapel, located on 10th Street and adjacent to the sanctuary.
- St. John’s Lutheran Church, 310 E. 53rd St., Maundy Thursday Foot Washing and Stripping of the Altar Service tonight at 7 p.m. The Good Friday service begin at 7 p.m. Friday with an Easter egg hunt scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday.
- New Jerusalem Missionary Baptist Church, Anderson, will have its annual Seven Words from the Cross at 6 p.m. on Friday. The seven speakers will be Rev. Alexander of Antioch Missionary Baptist Church, Rev. Anthony Johnson of New Jerusalem Missionary Baptist Church, Rev. William of Zion Baptist Church of Kokomo, Rev. Peak of Anderson Zion Baptist Church, Rev. Leroy Jackson of Greater Pilgrim Rest of Muncie, Rev. Norman of Trinity Victory Baptist Church of Marion, Rev. Colman of Mt. Pilgrim Baptist Church.
- Trinity Episcopal Church, 1030 Brown-Delaware St., Good Friday Liturgy with Holy Eucharist from Reserved Sacrament, noon and 7 p.m.
- Anderson First United Methodist Church, 12th and Jackson streets, will host the city’s United Methodist Church cluster Good Friday service at 7 p.m.
- The One Church Fellowship Ecumenical Good Friday service will be at 5 p.m. at LDM SonRise Camp and Retreat Center, 6720 Ridgeview Road, Anderson.
- St. Matthew United Methodist Church, 1512 N. Madison Ave., will host the Community Good Friday Service at noon. The hour-long service is sponsored by the Christian Clergy Association of Anderson. The Rev. Anthony Harris, from the Church Upon the Rock, will deliver the message and various other members of the clergy will participate in the service. In addition to hymns, scripture readings and Holy Communion, special music will be provided by soloist Gordon Brooks and organist/pianist Dawn Elston.
- Ovid Community Church, 793 E. 600 S., Ovid, will have Good Friday services at 7 p.m. Friday in the sanctuary.
- Madison Park Church of God, Columbus Avenue and East 67th Street, will host the Good Friday Journey to the Cross from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday. Encounter the passion of Christ through a moving and inspiring, multi-sensory experience, appropriate for all ages. Admission is free.