ANDERSON, Ind. — Expect a mix of clouds and sun today, with a few sprinkles possible. High temperatures will be near 50 degrees. Highs are in the 50s on Thursday, too, but there is a better chance for a few showers.Colder air arrives on Friday, with a few flurries. Right now, the weekend forecast is dry, with highs in the 40s.
- Local News
Weather halts tractor repairs
Lawn machine and tractor repair shops could see a major influx of tractors as farmers get ready for spring in the coming weeks. "We've had a backup of tractor repairs," said Todd Sink, a worker at Bendle Lawn Equipment Service & Sales. "With this weather, people haven't been able to get their tractors out of the barn."
- Lathan sentenced for Speedway incident A Figure 8 race car driver, accused of drinking and intentionally crashing into another driver's car at Anderson Speedway, has been sentenced to one year in jail.
- APD hires 6 new officers Six new police officers will be taking the oath to become members of the Anderson Police Department on March 20.
- TN support group to learn about motor cortex stimulation Eden Blair, assistant professor at Bradley University and the Turner School of Entrepreneurship, in Illinois, will be speaking March 15 to the Trigeminal Neuralgia support group about cortex stimulation as a treatment for TN pain.
Clock shift is reminder to change smoke alarm batteries
Hoosiers should change the batteries in their smoke alarms at the same time they change their clocks to daylight saving time this Sunday, urged the Indiana State Fire Marshal’s office.
- Arrest Log: March 8 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Thursday and Friday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Local Briefs: March 7 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Water main break closes Indiana 38 in Pendleton
A water main break has shut down Indiana 38 (State Street) in Pendleton. The Madison County Emergency Management Agency is on the scene as crews try to get the break under control.
Train blocks entrance of Flagship
A train experiencing mechanical problems is blocking the entrance into The Flagship industrial park this morning.
Benefit set for family of toddler who died in fire
Southwestern Indiana residents saddened by a toddler's death this week in a day care center fire are planning a fundraiser to help her family with funeral expenses.
- More Local News Headlines
- Weather halts tractor repairs