ANDERSON, Ind. — Expect a mix of clouds and sun today, with a few sprinkles possible. High temperatures will be near 50 degrees. Highs are in the 50s on Thursday, too, but there is a better chance for a few showers.Colder air arrives on Friday, with a few flurries. Right now, the weekend forecast is dry, with highs in the 40s.
- Local News
Red Cross offers assistance to nine displaced by fires
Nine Anderson residents, displaced Thursday in two separate apartment fires, were being assisted by the American Red Cross in finding temporary housing.
- Elwood police chief: Officer downloaded porn on city computer An eight-year veteran of the Elwood Police Department has been demoted and has served an unpaid three-day suspension for downloading homemade videos, deemed pornographic, on a city-owned computer.
Anderson City Council approves $700,000 water department loan
The Anderson Common Council Thursday approved a $700,000 loan from the sewer department to the water utility to help cover an anticipated cash flow shortage.
- Centaur Gaming plans to invest $2 million in new off-track betting site A plan to relocate a Fort Wayne off-track betting site owned by Centaur to New Haven has been approved by the Indiana Horse Racing Commission.
- Civilian Review Board member feels board overstepping its bounds A member of the city's Civilian Review Board believes the board has been operating illegally by hearing complaints brought by city employees against the city that are personnel issues.
- Pendleton golf course $290,000 in debt A State Board of Accounts report on Pendleton revealed the town-owned golf course is more than $290,000 in the red.
- What's Where: Dec. 14 Local meetings and activities planned for Saturday.
- Local briefs: Dec. 14 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: Dec. 13 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: Dec. 13 Local meetings and activities are planned Friday.
- More Local News Headlines
- Red Cross offers assistance to nine displaced by fires