Tea party meets Thursday in Pendleton
PENDLETON — The tea party will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Pendleton Conservation Building in Falls Park.
Former Blue Angel Matt Modleski; Bob Lusk, a regional representative from the National Rifle Association; and Jeff Shore are the scheduled speakers.
Middletown Library closed Friday
MIDDLETOWN — The Middletown Public Library will be closed on Good Friday, said Director Teresa Dennis. It will be open its regular hours on Saturday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
AARP lists upcoming activities
ANDERSON — The Anderson Chapter of AARP will meet for breakfast at 8 a.m. Wednesday at Perkins Restaurant.
The chapter’s regular monthly meeting will be at 1 p.m. Monday, April 8, at First United Methodist Church, 12th and Jackson streets.
Jane Lyons, county auditor, is the scheduled speaker.
Call Jane Simmons, chapter president, at 644-2648, for more information. Annual local dues of $5 for are now due.
Eagles closed Friday through Sunday
ANDERSON — The Anderson Eagles Lodge 174, 1315 Meridian St., will be closed Friday through Sunday for the Easter holiday. The lodge will reopen on Monday.
Family fun day Saturday at church
ANDERSON — An Easter family fun day will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday at Celebration Church at Arrow Heights, 1120 Arrow Ave.
Enter to win a gigantic Easter basket. All entries must be submitted by 1:20 p.m. The winner will be announced Sunday. The winner must be present to claim the prize. Also given out will be a $50 gas card.
There will be arts and crafts, food, stories and a huge Easter egg hunt.
Easter egg hunt set at fitness center
ANDERSON — Catapult Fitness, 702 W. Historic Eighth St., will host its second free Easter egg hunt to kids 10 years old and younger from 2 to 3 p.m. Saturday.
Thousands of eggs will be filled with toys (no candy). The Easter bunny and Easter chick will be on site for pictures.
For more information, call 639-5798.
Church’s giveaway on Saturday
ANDERSON — New Jerusalem Missionary Baptist Church will have its monthly giveaway from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the church, 2318 Sheridan St.
Items to be distributed include dish soap, cleaner, toiletries and soap. Clothing and household items will also be available. All are welcome, no one is turned away, organizers said in a press release.
Tea party meets Thursday in Pendleton
- Local News
- Geater Center getting new gym floor For the first time since it opened in the 1970s, the Geater Center is getting a new gym floor as a result of safety concerns.
- County could get federal relief Some federal aid to pay for snow expenses could be coming to Madison County.
- Battalion chief's demotion for 90 days, not permanent Battalion Chief Eric Hutchison’s demotion to the rank of private last week by the Anderson Board of Public Safety was for 90 days.
- Austin upset over gun law The debate of guns on school property led to a contentious conference committee meeting in the Statehouse Monday.
- What's Where: March 11 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Tuesday, March 11.
- Free clinical breast exams offered Community Hospital Anderson offers free clinical breast exams once a month for women in Madison County.
- Local briefs: March 11 A compilation of local and state news of interest in Tuesday's edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: March 11 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Anderson High School football coach wants board hearing Veteran Anderson High School football coach Randy Albano said on Monday that school officials have decided to fire him after five years on the job.
- Art show overcomes financial, weather hurdles A shortage of funds, canceled classes and a predicted snowstorm couldn’t stop it. The Art Association of Madison County’s 15th annual Student Art Exhibit opened — narrowly — without a hitch March 2.
- More Local News Headlines