ANDERSON, Ind. — Today will be quiet and we will see a mix of sun and clouds across Indiana. Highs will only reach the low to mid-20s. A storm system will move our way from the Plains states tonight and into Friday. Parts of the state could see a 1 to 3 inch snow through early Friday. Warmer temps arrive with rain chaces beginning late Sunday and lasing through the middle of next week.
- Local News
- Learning block by block More than 45 toddlers and parents came to the Pendleton Public Library on Thursday to play with blocks. Although that seems like a fairly normal, everyday activity, the children were learning skills that will help them down the road.
- Homeless man to be buried in Maplewood A funeral will be held at East Maplewood Cemetery at 9:30 a.m. today for Christopher Cook, a homeless man who died on April 17.
- Property tax deadline May 12 Almost 200 property owners have taken advantage of a new program implemented by the Madison County treasurer’s office that allows for monthly tax payments.
- City to celebrate Earth Day After a one-year hiatus, the celebration of Earth Day in Anderson will take place at Shadyside Memorial Park this Saturday.
- Clerk candidates discuss service, vote centers A seasoned politician is facing a candidate who says he is prepared to tackle the “egotistical officials pursuing lawless agendas” in this year’s race for Madison County clerk.
- South Madison offers 'cyber safety' program for parents From Facebook and Twitter to Instagram and Tmbler, the list of social media websites is long and seems to grow almost daily.
- City plans to extend 67th Street to Main Street The city of Anderson is moving forward with plans to extend 67th Street from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard east to Main Street over the next few years as funds become available.
Luck, Colts to open season against Manning's Broncos
The Indianapolis Colts will open the 2014 regular season at AFC champion Denver in a Sunday night showdown pitting quarterback Peyton Manning against his former team.
- Arrest Log: April 24 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Ritz to speak at APA's Senior Girls Luncheon Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction Glenda Ritz will be the guest speaker at Anderson Preparatory Academy's Senior Girls Luncheon on April 29.
- More Local News Headlines