ANDERSON, Ind. — Today will be quiet and we will see a mix of sun and clouds across Indiana. Highs will only reach the low to mid-20s. A storm system will move our way from the Plains states tonight and into Friday. Parts of the state could see a 1 to 3 inch snow through early Friday. Warmer temps arrive with rain chaces beginning late Sunday and lasing through the middle of next week.
- Local News
Colts night practice offers unique experience
It might have technically still been July, but it was looking more and more like football season. And if Thursday night's Indianapolis Colts training camp practice was any indication, the fans are ready.
- Two possible dam sites named The search for a possible site for a dam for the proposed Mounds Lake reservoir has been narrowed down to two locations in the Irondale neighborhood on the city's east side.
Police arrest Elwood man on rape, incest charges
An Elwood man has been arrested on charges involving rape and incest.
- Police investigate hit-and-run on bicyclist Police are investigating an apparent hit-and-run on a bicyclist this morning.
Teen pilot who died seeking record laid to rest
A central Indiana teenager who died when his plane crashed in the Pacific Ocean during an around-the-world flight was laid to rest Thursday following a funeral service where he was remembered as a witty young man whose ambitious journey inspired others to pursue their dreams.
Local Briefs: Aug. 1
News items of local and state interest as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Arrest Log: Aug. 1
Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Photos needed for Anderson history book The Herald Bulletin is seeking photos of people, places and events from Anderson's past for the coffee-table book, "Anderson: 150 Years of Progress, 1865-2015."
- APD investigating infant death The death of an Ohio infant, which is being investigated by Anderson police, was called "unusual" Thursday.
- Liberty Christian excited for new school year Both campuses of Liberty Christian School were vibrating with excitement Thursday ahead of today's opening of school.
- More Local News Headlines
- Colts night practice offers unique experience