ANDERSON, Ind. — A big warm up takes over the forecast for a couple of days.Today's high will be in the lower 50s. Tuesday's highs will be near 60 degrees. Rain remains in central Indiana for both days too. There is a possibility of severe thunderstorms Tuesday night due to damaging winds. Heavy rain is also likely that night on Wednesday and Thursday cooler air filters in and highs fall into the lower 20s for the end of the week.
- Local News
Beef, dairy entries handle the heat
For some 4-H'ers in the beef and dairy shows at the Madison County 4-H Fair, one cow can be a handful. Then there's Jeron Mason who was just one cow short of a literal handful.
- Travel restrictions on Interstate 69 this weekend During at least the next eight weekends, travel north of Anderson on Interstate 69 will be restricted as damaged concrete is repaired.
- Madison County grad rates and test scores improve, but still lag state High school graduation rates and standardized test scores in English, math and science all improved among public school students in Madison County from 2009 to 2013, according to a new report from the Annie E. Casey Foundation.
- Local Briefs: July 23 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Street Department purchases 2 pickup trucks The Anderson Street Department received approval to buy two Dodge Ram pickup trucks on Tuesday.
Ind. 9 closed north of Anderson
Ind. 9 has been closed near County Road 500 north due to a traffic accident, according to initial police reports.
Wayne arrives in IndyCar for Colts Camp
Ed Carpenter woke up to rain Wednesday morning and briefly worried his big opportunity might be lost. But the two-time Indianapolis 500 pole-sitter's fear proved to be unfounded. He delivered Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Reggie Wayne safely to Anderson University at the wheel of a two-seat IndyCar.
Arrest Log: July 23
Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: July 23 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday, July 23.
- Cellular Connection to host backpack giveaway Residents in Anderson will benefit from a national backpack giveaway campaign on Aug. 2.
- More Local News Headlines
- Beef, dairy entries handle the heat