ANDERSON, Ind. — A big warm up takes over the forecast for a couple of days.Today's high will be in the lower 50s. Tuesday's highs will be near 60 degrees. Rain remains in central Indiana for both days too. There is a possibility of severe thunderstorms Tuesday night due to damaging winds. Heavy rain is also likely that night on Wednesday and Thursday cooler air filters in and highs fall into the lower 20s for the end of the week.
- Local News
- Survivors of violent accident, mother and baby return home from hospital The past two and a half weeks of Rebecca Sperry's life have been a harrowing series of ups and downs.
Democratic congressional candidates discuss issues
The three candidates hoping to become the first Democrat to represent portions of central Indiana in more than 25 years met Wednesday in the only planned debate of the primary campaign.
- Federal trial finds man guilty of 2003 attempted bank robbery, shootout with police A man has been convicted in federal court, more than 10 years after he exchanged gunfire with an Anderson police officer during an attempted bank robbery.
Reservoir opponents take message to Earth Day
Opponents of a proposed reservoir in central Indiana hope to use this weekend's Earth Day festivals to spread the word about their concerns about the $350 million dam project, which would inundate part of a state park known for its ancient earthworks.
- Smoke leads to crash on Indiana 13 A girl was hit by a motorcycle, but not seriously injured, after smoke from a controlled burn limited visibility on Indiana 13 Wednesday afternoon.
- Arrest Log: April 24 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Ritz to speak at APA's Senior Girls Luncheon Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction Glenda Ritz will be the guest speaker at Anderson Preparatory Academy's Senior Girls Luncheon on April 29.
- What's Where: April 24 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Thursday.
- Hospital's ER Department plans annual golf tournament Community Hospital Anderson’s Emergency Department will host its 12th annual golf tournament on Friday, June 20, at The Edge golf course. The Florida-style scramble will begin with a Lifeline helicopter liftoff at 1 p.m.
- Colts donate $18,000 to city cleanup campaign A donation of $18,000 from the Indianapolis Colts will cover the costs of the city's participation in the 30th annual Rev. JT Menifee Cleanup campaign.
- More Local News Headlines