ANDERSON, Ind. — A big warm up takes over the forecast for a couple of days.Today's high will be in the lower 50s. Tuesday's highs will be near 60 degrees. Rain remains in central Indiana for both days too. There is a possibility of severe thunderstorms Tuesday night due to damaging winds. Heavy rain is also likely that night on Wednesday and Thursday cooler air filters in and highs fall into the lower 20s for the end of the week.
- Local News
Governor visits with 4-H'ers at county fair
Gov. Mike Pence stopped by the Madison County 4-H Fair on Monday afternoon to visit with the children and parents who put so much effort into the fair and the fairgoers who make the fair worthwhile.
- Pay for South Madison soccer coaches under review An ad hoc parent group wants the South Madison Community Schools board to consider raising the stipend for Pendleton Heights High School soccer coaches.
Swine show brings smiles, lessons
Despite warm temperatures and occasionally ornery pigs, there were a lot of smiles during the Madison County 4-H Fair swine show Monday.
High child poverty casts pall over gains in Hoosier schools
Indiana children are doing better in school, according to a new report from the Annie E. Casey Foundation, but the high rate of child poverty remains a big concern.
- Man sentenced on drug charges after eluding authorities 3 years A man who fled sentencing for more than three years finally received his punishment Monday.
- Local Briefs: July 22 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Alex council approves animal ordinance A new animal ordinance is in place after the Alexandria City Council unanimously approved the measure Monday night.
- Staying strong during adversity When doctors told Judy Best she had cancer she was shocked, but she never lost hope.
Harless provides loving care to hens
When Holden Harless received his American Hen last year he named it Andrew Luck after his favorite football player.
- What's Where: July 22 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Tuesday, July 22.
- More Local News Headlines
- Governor visits with 4-H'ers at county fair