Third House session set for Monday
ANDERSON — The Anderson/Madison County League of Women Voters and Chamber of Commerce will host the 2013 final Third House Legislative Review at 8 a.m. Monday at the Anderson Public Library, 111 E. 12th St.
Light refreshments will be provided and the public is encouraged to attend.
Second Harvest to receive $3,000 grant
MUNCIE — Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana has been selected to receive a $3,000 grant as part of the Restaurant Community Grants program from the Darden Foundation, the charitable arm of Darden Restaurants Inc.
The $3,000 will provide 12,000 meals to food insecure residents in Second Harvest’s eight-county service area.
For more information about the Darden Foundation, visit www.dardenfoundation.com. For additional information on Second Harvest Food Bank, visit www.CureHunger.org.
Socrates Café meets Monday
ANDERSON — The Socrates Café meeting will from 7 to 9 p.m. Monday at the Madison County History Center, 7 W. 11th St.
Past members and new people are always welcome. There are no dues, membership requirements, or other obligations.
For more information, email Socrates.Cafe.Anderson@gmail.com or call Mike at 644-0690.
Henry County bridge contract awarded
HENRY COUNTY — The Indiana Department of Transportation will soon overlay the bridge deck at a structure spanning Little Creek on U.S. 36 west of Sulphur Springs in Henry County near the Madison County line.
INDOT officially awarded a District Bridge Project contract to R.A. Myers Construction based on the Muncie company’s low bid of $258,562. There were eight bidders.
A pre-construction meeting will soon be scheduled. At that time, the contractor’s timetable for beginning and completing work should be known. INDOT anticipates that this bridge deck overlay project will be concluded by the end of July.
krM to receive architecture awards
ANDERSON — Anderson’s krM Architecture, founded in 1978, will be recognized for architectural excellence during an awards ceremony April 18 at the Indiana Landmarks Center in Indianapolis.
The American Institute of Architects will be presenting three awards to krM, including one for its design of Anderson University’s York Performance Hall and Galleries.
The $5 million, 24,000-square-foot facility named for lead donors Dr. James York and his wife, Elizabeth, broke ground in May 2011 and featured its first concert on Sept. 23, 2012.
Police ID victim of Fort Wayne shooting
FORT WAYNE — Fort Wayne’s Police Chief says he believes the victim of the city’s latest shooting might have known the individuals who killed him.
Authorities Thursday identified the victim as 17-year-old Elijah Freeman of Fort Wayne. He was the 15th homicide in Allen County this year and 10th since the start of March.
Third House session set for Monday
- Local News
- Car crashes into home after driver falls from vehicle A 19-year-old man was taken to the hospital with severe abrasions and lacerations after police say he opened the door of the vehicle he was driving and fell out of his car.
- Wigwam deadline extended to June 30 The Anderson Community Schools Board of Trustees and city officials on Tuesday reached an agreement that will delay consideration of razing the Wigwam complex until July.
- Ingalls drops annexation east of Indiana 13 The annexation debate in southwestern Madison County became a little clearer after an Ingalls Town Council meeting Monday night.
- Donations sought to support fire rescue house project The Fire Rescue House of Madison County, 824 W. Third St., Anderson, is seeking help from the residents of Anderson and Madison County.
Convicted murderer sentenced to 85 years
Without uttering a word in the courtroom, Malcolm Cobb was sentenced to a maximum 85 years in prison for the 2013 slaying of Spencer Smith.
- Local nonprofits square off in 'Grant Madness' To raise awareness of local nonprofit organizations, the Madison County Community Foundation will conduct an audience-engagement campaign called "Grant Madness" over the next several weeks.
- Local briefs: March 12 A compilation of state and local briefs as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: March 12 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: March 12 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday, March 12.
- Former DCS director charged with perjury in federal case The former local director of the Indiana Department of Child Services and member of the New Castle Community School Corp.’s school board has been charged by criminal complaint with one count of perjury and one count of making a materially false statement,
- More Local News Headlines