ANDERSON, Ind. — Scattered showers and strong storms may develop this afternoon and continue into the evening. Some of the storms late this evening and overnight could become severe. Temperatures will be in the mid-70s with mild lows into Thursday. Storms may linger into Thursday morning and taper off in the afternoon. Much cooler air moves in on Friday with highs only reaching the upper 40s. Scattered showeres could be possible Friday but clearing is expected through the weekend..
- Local News
Baby born after deadly accident released to family
A baby girl born the same day a deadly accident claimed her father's life was released from the hospital Tuesday afternoon.
- Three local schools earn '4 Star' status More than 300 Indiana schools have received 4 Star designations, Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction Glenda Ritz announced Tuesday.
- Final draft of academic standards released The Indiana Department of Education released its final draft of proposed academic standards for Indiana, setting the stage for a new school future after Common Core.
- Primary voting starts at courthouse Through the first week of early voting for the May 6 primary, the Madison County Voter Registration office has been less than overwhelmed.
- Commissioners vote to eliminate Personnel Board Madison County commissioners have decided to end the county’s Personnel Board.
Police: Mother brought gun to school
An Anderson woman has been arrested after allegedly bringing a gun to a school. The woman reportedly brought a gun to St. Mary's School in downtown Anderson. The incident occurred Wednesday morning.
- Arrest Log: April 16 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Former Indy radio personality accused of defrauding family members in Madison County A former Indianapolis radio personality was arrested Monday, suspected of stealing the identities of four Madison County family members over a four-year span.
- What's Where: April 16 Local meetings and activities are scheduled for Wednesday, April 16.
- Free skin cancer screenings offered During May, when Skin Cancer Awareness Month is observed, two skin cancer screenings are being planned on the St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital campus.
- More Local News Headlines
- Baby born after deadly accident released to family