ANDERSON, Ind. — An active and soggy weather pattern takes over for the weekend. Occasional showers this afternoon. The rain continues into Saturday and Sunday. Thunderstorms may mix in with the showers late Sunday. On Monday, the rain changes to snow showers. A dusting of accumulation is possible, at best. Temperatures wil be in the mid-50s today, lower 50s Saturday, then near 60 degrees Sunday. Monday's temperatures will be close to freezing.
- Local News
- RACER Trust meets in Anderson The RACER Trust met with Anderson community members in a private meeting Wednesday to discuss marketing strategies for the former General Motors properties in the city.
- Local businesses and residents experience water outage An upgrade to a fire protection system on Wednesday resulted in the loss of water for residents and forced several businesses to temporarily close.
Police: 2 men robbed downtown convenience store
Two men robbed an active downtown area convenience store in the middle of the day.
NBA D-league team proposed for Wigwam
The Wigwam gymnasium could become the home of an NBA development league if plans proceed from a former area basketball coach. "We have a plan for the Wigwam to be used in a lot of different ways," Terry Thimlar said "One of the possibilities would be a D-League team, but it's much more than that. Right now our major focus is to bring it back to life and make it a viable entity."
- Christmas Gift & Craft Show at mall this weekend The Mounds Mall will be filled with holiday magic this weekend as 95 vendors fill the open spaces and offer a vast array of holiday crafts, baked goods, personal and home products of every kind, and items perfect for Christmas gift giving.
- Person of the Year nominations sought The Herald Bulletin needs your help in selecting the 2013 community Person of the Year.
- Local briefs: Dec. 5 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Henderson retiring from Pendleton Town Council For the last 13 years Don Henderson has served as Pendleton Town Council president, but the council meeting tonight will be the last.
- Arrest Log: Dec. 5 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
What's Where: Dec. 5
Local meetings and activities are planned Thursday.
- More Local News Headlines