ANDERSON, Ind. — An active and soggy weather pattern takes over for the weekend. Occasional showers this afternoon. The rain continues into Saturday and Sunday. Thunderstorms may mix in with the showers late Sunday. On Monday, the rain changes to snow showers. A dusting of accumulation is possible, at best. Temperatures wil be in the mid-50s today, lower 50s Saturday, then near 60 degrees Sunday. Monday's temperatures will be close to freezing.
- Local News
- ACS has open house for new career center When James Jordan and Shantez Goolsby graduate from Anderson High School next spring, he will be a certified pharmacy tech, and she will be a certified nursing assistant.
- Portwood tells story of struggles in 'Never Too Late' Former TV personality Amber Portwood, who spent 17 months in prison, unveiled the cover of her forthcoming book, "Never Too Late," this week. The publication date is Aug. 26.
Elwood leads the pack, school begins today in the district
Last-minute preparations were underway at Elwood Elementary School on Tuesday ahead of today's opening of the 2014-2015 school year.
- Frankton embraces challenges, advantages to starting Band Day James Handshoe is trying to clear away all the distractions.
- Police seek suspects, witnesses in liquor store robbery Police are looking for suspects and clues in an armed robbery that happened at a liquor store Monday night.
- Arrest Log: July 30 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Local briefs: July 30 News items of local and state interest as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Band Day schedule Four high school bands from Madison County will compete in the Music Travel Consultants Band Day set for Aug. 2 at the Hoosier Lottery Grandstand at the Indiana State Fair.
- Senior housing project advances If all the pieces fall into place within the next two weeks, construction on a new senior housing development could begin this fall.
- What's where: July 30 Meetings and local activities scheduled for Wednesday.
- More Local News Headlines