SUMMITVILLE, Ind. — The Town Council will hold a special session at 5 p.m. Thursday in town hall, 109 S. Main St. An executive session will be at 4:30 p.m. to discuss an employee job performance evaluation.
- Local News
Beef, dairy entries handle the heat
For some 4-H'ers in the beef and dairy shows at the Madison County 4-H Fair, one cow can be a handful. Then there's Jeron Mason who was just one cow short of a literal handful.
- Madison County grad rates and test scores improve, but still lag state High school graduation rates and standardized test scores in English, math and science all improved among public school students in Madison County from 2009 to 2013, according to a new report from the Annie E. Casey Foundation.
- Travel restrictions on Interstate 69 this weekend During at least the next eight weekends, travel north of Anderson on Interstate 69 will be restricted as damaged concrete is repaired.
- Senior housing request continued A request for final plat approval for a senior housing development on property near Madison Park Church of God was continued Tuesday. The Anderson Plan Commission could not consider the request because of a lack of a quorum to conduct business.
- Arrest Log: Julyu 23 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: July 23 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday, July 23.
- Cellular Connection to host backpack giveaway Residents in Anderson will benefit from a national backpack giveaway campaign on Aug. 2.
- Local Briefs: July 23 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Street Department purchases 2 pickup trucks The Anderson Street Department received approval to buy two Dodge Ram pickup trucks on Tuesday.
- Local Briefs: July 22 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local News Headlines
- Beef, dairy entries handle the heat