ELWOOD — Royal Harrison, 85, died June 22, 2013, at Community Hospital Anderson. Arrangements are pending at Jackley-Landrum Funeral Home, Elwood.
- Local News
Anderson IREAD-3 test results show improvement
Two Anderson elementary schools posted double-digit increases in the percentage of third-graders who passed the IREAD-3 test last month, according to preliminary results released by school officials.
- Educators, agribusiness leaders discuss careers Citing approximately 55,000 new jobs being created annually in agribusiness, U.S. Rep. Susan Brooks brought educators and business leaders together to encourage students to consider it as a career path.
- Woman to be sentenced again for intimidation An Anderson woman’s sentence for robbery and battery was upheld but she will be sentenced again for an intimidation charge, following a ruling Thursday by The Indiana Court of Appeals.
- Lapel obtains required number The Lapel Town Council finally has enough votes to move forward with its voluntary annexation of land south of the town.
Priest: Decision is up to mother on child's return to class
A day after a mother pulled out a gun at a school meeting, school officials said it's up to the parent whether her child returns to class.
- Mother charged with possessing a gun at school enrolls child elsewhere Bonnie Trahan says her first priority is her son after incident that led to her facing charges of possessing a handgun on school property.
- Arrest Log: April 19 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Thursday and Friday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Local Briefs: April 19 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Ivy Tech extends deadline for ASAP Ivy tech Community College is extending the application deadline for a special program that allows students to earn an associate degree in 11 months.
- Heating assistance provided to 4,445 households Almost 5,000 households in Madison and Grant counties received assistance this past winter with their heating bills, members of the Central Indiana Community Action Program learned this week.
- More Local News Headlines
- Anderson IREAD-3 test results show improvement