ANDERSON, Ind. — After a chilly Wednesday, we will see some improvement in temperatures today, but they will still be below normal. Highs will climb into the upper 50s, with a decent amount of sunshine. The warming trend will continue through the weekend, and we'll get to do some drying out for the most part. There is a slight chance of a few thunderstorms Saturday; otherwise, widespread rain chances look like they will hold off until the early middle of next week.
- Local News
Colts fans come from all over Indiana for training camp
Under bright skies and mild temperatures, Indianapolis Colts fans turned out in droves to witness the first of this year's public practices at Anderson University's campus on Thursday.
- South Madison superintendent contract OK'd South Madison Community Schools officials Thursday unanimously ratified a new three-year contract for Superintendent Joe Buck, and approved textbook fees for middle and high school students.
- Brown awarded $25,200 settlement A federal jury issued a split verdict in the discrimination case filed by Jack Brown against the city of Anderson that alleged violations of his free speech rights and the American Disabilities Act.
Auction teaches in business, farming
After 10 years of 4-H, saying goodbye to his animals has become a simple matter for McKennon Heald. But he said he wouldn't be surprised to see some tears from some of the younger participants. He's been there.
- Anderson, Alexandria and Elwood receive grants to tear down abandoned houses Three Madison County cities — Anderson, Alexandria and Elwood — received state grants that will be used to tear down abandoned, dilapidated houses.
- What's Where: July 25 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Friday, July 25.
- Support breakfast at Cross Roads Through The Eyes of Special Kids will host its support breakfast from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Cross Roads United Methodist Church, 2000 N. Scatterfield Road.
Second person dies following Ind. 9 accident
A second person has died from injuries following an accident Wednesday on Ind. 9. Clayton Crumley, 21, died at IU Health Methodist Hospital, officials said Thursday.
- Arrest Log: July 24 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
Showmanship competition reveals best handler
With a tug here, a push there, and gentle directional tapping with a small aluminum stick, Savannah Martin of Summitville won Wednesday's Supreme Showman trophy after four rounds directing swine, sheep, goats and steers through various handling exercises.
- More Local News Headlines
- Colts fans come from all over Indiana for training camp