ANDERSON, Ind. — After a chilly Wednesday, we will see some improvement in temperatures today, but they will still be below normal. Highs will climb into the upper 50s, with a decent amount of sunshine. The warming trend will continue through the weekend, and we'll get to do some drying out for the most part. There is a slight chance of a few thunderstorms Saturday; otherwise, widespread rain chances look like they will hold off until the early middle of next week.
- Local News
Weather halts tractor repairs
Lawn machine and tractor repair shops could see a major influx of tractors as farmers get ready for spring in the coming weeks. "We've had a backup of tractor repairs," said Todd Sink, a worker at Bendle Lawn Equipment Service & Sales. "With this weather, people haven't been able to get their tractors out of the barn."
- Lathan sentenced for Speedway incident A Figure 8 race car driver, accused of drinking and intentionally crashing into another driver's car at Anderson Speedway, has been sentenced to one year in jail.
- APD hires 6 new officers Six new police officers will be taking the oath to become members of the Anderson Police Department on March 20.
- TN support group to learn about motor cortex stimulation Eden Blair, assistant professor at Bradley University and the Turner School of Entrepreneurship, in Illinois, will be speaking March 15 to the Trigeminal Neuralgia support group about cortex stimulation as a treatment for TN pain.
Clock shift is reminder to change smoke alarm batteries
Hoosiers should change the batteries in their smoke alarms at the same time they change their clocks to daylight saving time this Sunday, urged the Indiana State Fire Marshal’s office.
Arrest Log: March 9
Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Friday and Saturday, based on Madison County Jail records.
Tax collection woes raise concern among Indiana leaders
A steady decline in tax collections is raising concerns among Indiana budget leaders about the overall fiscal health of the state.
- What's Where: March 8 Local meetings and activities planned for March 8.
- Arrest Log: March 8 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Thursday and Friday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Local Briefs: March 7 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local News Headlines
- Weather halts tractor repairs