REO Speedwagon performs as the first event on the Hoosier Park Racing and Casino's Summer Music Track. Over 4000 people attended the outdoor concert on the horse track side of Hoosier Park.
- Local News
Weather predictions prepared residents
Local police say preparation helped prevent accidents during the first heavy snowstorm of the season Friday. “They were predicting a lot of snow, and people were mindful of that and took their time,” said Joel Sandefur, a public information officer for Anderson Police Department.
No injuries after pickup hits building
No one was injured in a two-vehicle accident at the corner of College Drive and Eighth Street in Anderson Friday night. The collision sent a pickup truck skidding into the storefront of Labor Ready, a temporary labor agency located at 919 E. Eighth St.
- Mandela influenced local residents The power of the change Nelson Mandela brought to South Africa was especially clear for Anderson resident Anna Blevens, who spent her summers in South Africa from 1992-2002 to assist the Anderson-based Church of God in building church support systems.
- Celebrate Christmas at Lapel High School The Lapel High School Music Department will present its annual holiday show on Monday in the auditorium.
- Arrest Log: Dec. 7 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Thursday and Friday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Local Briefs: Dec. 7 A compilation of local and state news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: Dec. 7 Local meetings and activities planned for Saturday.
Mandela, anti-apartheid icon, mourned world over
In nearly seven decades spent fighting for freedom and equality, Nelson Mandela inspired and challenged the world to stand up for others. As word of Mandela's death spread, current and former presidents, athletes and entertainers, and people around the world spoke about the life and legacy of the former South African leader.
Secondary roads might still be hazardous; more snow on the way
The weather forecast for today calls for snow beginning about 11 a.m. and continuing through mid-evening, with an accumulation of 1-2 inches.
- Pendleton, South Madison to split cost of police officer School and town officials are working toward hiring a new school resource officer beginning Jan. 1.
- More Local News Headlines
- Weather predictions prepared residents