ANDERSON, Ind. — Bitter cold temps will kick off this week. Highs today will only be in the upper teens. Lows tonight are expected to be around zero, with wind chill values between 10 to 20 below. Highs on Tuesday will be in the mid-teens. Temps will finally warm up a little by the end of the week, at least reaching our average high of 36 degrees. Light snow is possible for this afternoon with maybe a dusting of accumulation.
- Local News
Police: Mother arrested after bringing gun to school
An Anderson woman was arrested after allegedly bringing a gun to a school. She reportedly came to the school for a conference to discuss concerns that her child was being bullied.
Baby born after deadly accident released to family
A baby girl born the same day a deadly accident claimed her father's life was released from the hospital Tuesday afternoon.
- Former Indy radio personality accused of defrauding family members in Madison County A former Indianapolis radio personality was arrested Monday, suspected of stealing the identities of four Madison County family members over a four-year span.
- Primary voting starts at courthouse Through the first week of early voting for the May 6 primary, the Madison County Voter Registration office has been less than overwhelmed.
- What's Where: April 16 Local meetings and activities are scheduled for Wednesday, April 16.
Family, friends bid farewell to Jesse Sperry
The fussing of 10-day-old Autumn Marie Sperry seemed to coincide with the beginning of the funeral service for her father, Jesse Sperry, whose lifeless body rested just a few feet away. More than 200 friends and family members gathered at Edgewood Baptist Church this afternoon to pay their respects to Jesse, who was killed April 6 in a traffic accident on West Indiana 32.
- Arrest Log: April 16 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Free skin cancer screenings offered During May, when Skin Cancer Awareness Month is observed, two skin cancer screenings are being planned on the St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital campus.
- Local Briefs: April 16 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Three local schools earn '4 Star' status More than 300 Indiana schools have received 4 Star designations, Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction Glenda Ritz announced Tuesday.
- More Local News Headlines
- Police: Mother arrested after bringing gun to school