Changes made in Senior Café program
YORKTOWN — This Friday will be the last serving day for Central School Community Café at the Central School Apartments in Anderson.
Senior Cafes will continue to operate as usual at the following sites: Delaware County Senior Citizens Center and Gillespie Towers in Muncie; Marion-Grant Senior Center in Marion; New Castle Community Center in New Castle; Southdale Tower, Longfellow Senior Apartments and Geater Community Center, all in Anderson; Pendleton Public Library Community Room in Pendleton, and Indiana University Blackford County Hospital in Hartford City.
For service times or reservations, call LifeStream at 759-1121 or (800) 589-1121.
Indy hospitals lifting flu visit restrictions
INDIANAPOLIS — Indianapolis’ hospitals are lifting restrictions they imposed last month on hospital visitors during Indiana’s recent surge in flu cases.
The Marion County Health Department says the restrictions limiting who can visit patients will end Friday and be replaced by regular hospital visitation policies.
Bill limiting specialty auto plates advances
INDIANAPOLIS — Groups with specialty license plates would face new sales and reporting requirements under a proposal endorsed by an Indiana legislative committee.
The House Transportation Committee voted 12-0 Wednesday to advance the bill to the full House. The bill would create an eight-member bipartisan panel to review requests from nonprofit groups and universities for specialty plates.
Changes made in Senior Café program
- Local News
Modern Trailer Sales named 'Small Business of the Year’
Moments after being named Madison County’s Small Business of the Year, Christy Kirk was posting the announcement on her company’s Facebook page. The Madison County Chamber announced Modern Trailer Sales as the winner during its Annual Awards Gala on Thursday at the Madison Park Church of God in Anderson.
Anderson will fight Lapel appeal
City Attorney Ashley Hopper said that Anderson will continue to fight Lapel on its annexation plan. Lapel made a super-voluntary strip annexation last summer that Anderson sued over, claiming the annexation was illegal and hampered any potential future growth for Anderson.
- Alexandria looks to annex south Plans are moving along in Alexandria to incorporate more businesses into the city via annexation.
- State considering Exit 214 improvements The Madison County Council of Governments Policy Committee learned Thursday that the Indiana Department of Transportation is considering improvements at the Exit 214 interchange.
- Child left sleeping on parked ACS school bus last month was a kindergartner New details emerged Thursday about a child left unattended on a school last month after falling asleep on the way home from classes at Tenth Street Elementary School.
Train blocks entrance of Flagship
A train experiencing mechanical problems is blocking the entrance into The Flagship industrial park this morning.
Benefit set for family of toddler who died in fire
Southwestern Indiana residents saddened by a toddler's death this week in a day care center fire are planning a fundraiser to help her family with funeral expenses.
- Fire Department battalion chief demoted to private The Anderson Board of Public Safety has upheld disciplinary action against Battalion Chief Eric Hutchison for conduct unbecoming of an officer.
- Pendleton man found guilty of strangulation It took a Madison Circuit Court Division 1 jury just an hour to convict Pendleton resident Jeremy Roberts in connection with a 2013 battery.
- Shelbyville casino renamed A sister-property to the Hoosier Park Racing & Casino, owned by Centaur Gaming, is getting a new name.
- More Local News Headlines
- Modern Trailer Sales named 'Small Business of the Year’