ANDERSON, Ind. — Temperatures will be in the upper 40s and lower 50s today they will continue to rise as we head toward the weekend. Highs this weekend will be around the 60 degree mark. Spotty showers are expected Sunday, but temperatures will be very nice. We will stay in the 60s for the beginning of the work week. A cold front will push through Tuesday with storm chances and cooler temperatures.
- Local News
FEMA approves disaster aid for 19 counties
After initially rejecting Indiana's request for federal aid following a brutal winter, the Federal Emergency Management Agency approved disaster relief on Tuesday.
Parents speak out about mother coaching baseball after gun incident
A decision by the Brooklyn Little League to keep a mother who pulled a gun out during a school meeting on the league as a coach and board member has resulted in some parents taking sides on the issue.
- Rezoning approved for Elks Lodge building With no objections from surrounding property owners, the former Elks Lodge at 1803 Broadway has been rezoned for a planned banquet hall and catering service.
Incumbent challenged by first-time candidate
Kelly Gaskill says she's made numerous improvements in the operation of the Madison County treasurer's office since taking the helm in 2011. But her Republican challenger in the May 6 primary, Micah Mitchell, doesn't shy away from criticizing how Gaskill has run the office.
Symphony for Kids draws Anderson-area students
Nearly 1,000 fifth- and sixth-grade students attended the Anderson Symphony Orchestra's performance Tuesday during the annual Symphony for Kids concert at the Paramount Theatre.
- Arrest Log: April 23 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Food Truckin' Thursday returns ANDERSON -- A new favorite that combines food and cars is rolling back into town next week. Food Truckin' Thursday starts back up May 1. For about six months, local vendors will pull up their food trucks to Citizens Park Plaza at Ninth and Main stree
- Tigers nip Argylls in girls track meet ALEXANDRIA -- Kelsey Crisp had a trio of firsts and a second place finish and her Alexandria Tigers needed every one of those as they nipped Madison-Grant 61-60 in a girls dual track meet here Tuesday. Crisp won the 100, the 400 and the long jump and
- Saturday auction fundraiser for Misty Eads On Saturday, a fundraiser auction will be held at Florida Station Church of God, 1045 W. 375N, for Misty Eads who has a rare kidney artery disease called polyarteritis nodosa that requires a kidney transplant.
- What's Where: April 23 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday.
- More Local News Headlines
- FEMA approves disaster aid for 19 counties