The Herald Bulletin

Afternoon Update

Local News

December 12, 2012

Man rescued in Wednesday morning blaze

ANDERSON, Ind. — Firefighters rescued a 45-year-old man trapped in an early morning house fire in the 2200 block of Park Road on Wednesday.

Firefighter Eli Marshall, working with the primary search-and-rescue team, entered the two-story wood-frame house immediately behind the first firefighters and discovered Wilson "June" King unconscious on the floor of a rear bedroom, said Battalion Chief Larry Towne.

King was barely breathing when Marshall carried him out. “Fire was rolling inside,” Towne said. “It was hot enough to melt items in the room.”

King was undergoing treatment for smoke inhalation at Saint John’s Medical Center, Towne said.

When firefighters arrived about 4:40 a.m. flames were shooting out the back of the house where the kitchen, dining room and bedroom were located, Towne said.

According to Towne, King apparently woke up hungry in the middle of the night, began cooking something on the stove and apparently went back to sleep.

Find Stu Hirsch on Facebook and @StuHirsch on Twitter, or call 640-4861.

Text Only
Local News
August Staff Photos

Buy and browse more photos from The Herald Bulletin

More Resources from The Herald Bulletin
Auto Industry Book
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide