ANDERSON — Mounds State Park is offering interpretive programs for ages young kids to adults every day this summer. The weekday programs begin at 11 a.m. and conclude by noon, just in time for the park’s swimming pool opening. The weekday schedule follows.
• Monday: Feed the Birds. Journey behind the scenes and help the naturalist fill bird feeders.
• Tuesday: Nature Crafts. Participate in a make-it and take-it craft.
• Wednesday: Hoosier Quest. Learn how you can earn a special Mounds State Park pin by completing five challenges. Pins cost $2 each.
• Thursday: Critter Feeding Time. Come help the naturalist feed the Nature Center’s reptiles and amphibians.
• Friday: Friday Fun Hike. Join the naturalist for a hike. Topics will range from mound builders to puk-wud-jies to tree identification, and will be announced on Facebook one day in advance.
On Saturdays and Sundays, the historic Bronnenberg Home will remain open for tours from 1 to 4 p.m. Additionally, the naturalists will offer special Saturday and Sunday programming. Most weekends will feature an evening campfire program or hike.
The activities meet at the Nature Center. Standard park entrance fees of $5 per in-state vehicle and $7 per out-of-state vehicle apply.
Send ideas for the Good Morning feature to firstname.lastname@example.org.