It's a busy day today in Madison County. Here is a list of some of the fun things to do.
- Frederick's Friends golf scramble, 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. shot gun starts, The Edge Golf Course, 519 Golf Club Road.
- Farmers market, 8 a.m.-noon, New Horizons United Methodist Church, 611 E. 53rd St.
- All-you-can-eat breakfast, 9-11 a.m., Mirror Room, Eagles Lodge 174, 1315 Meridian St.
- Anderson City Market, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Athletic Park.
- Motorcycle benefit ride and spaghetti dinner, registration 10 a.m., Madison Park Church of God, ride begins at noon; dinner, 4-6 p.m. with entertainment by The Campbells. Benefit for Secret Families of Madison County.
- Free car wash and cookout, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., northeast corner of 29th Street and Madison Avenue. Hosted by Onward Alliance.
- Fish fry, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Church Upon the Rock, 303 E. 29th St.
- Hamburger and a drink, 11 a.m.- 4 p.m., American Legion Post 127, 4118 Columbus Ave.
- Friends of the Library book sale, noon-4:30 p.m., third floor bookstore, Anderson Public Library, 111 E. 12th St.
- Veterans Appreciation Day, 1-5 p.m., Elks Lodge 209, 1803 Broadway.
- Gospel music concert by Paul and Trey McQueen, 6 p.m., Callaway Park. Hosted by Families Forever.
- Lapel Village Fair, fair times, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.; walk-run, 7:30 a.m.; cruise-in car show, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.; parade, 3:30 p.m.; free concert by Doug Anderson, 7 p.m.; street dance, 9-11 p.m.
- Breaded tenderloin luncheon, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Lapel American Legion.
- Farmers market, 9 a.m.-noon, Markleville Community Park Shelterhouse, Indiana 38.
- Motorcycle benefit for care and training of K-9 Gizmo, sign-up, 10 a.m.; kick stands up, noon; 5 p.m.; meal, Middletown American Legion, 950 N. 10th St.
- Farmers market, 8 a.m.-noon, Falls Park, next to the Community Building.
- Kiwanis Kar Show, 8 -10 a.m. registration; judging at noon; awards presented at 2 p.m. Show in memory of Neal Shull.
Notices of local public meetings and events should be sent to What’s Where, P.O. Box 1090, Anderson 46015; faxed to (765) 640-4815; or emailed to email@example.com.