Jewelry trunk sale, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Community Hospital’s gift shop.
Coma’s Closet Spring Benefit Sale, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., basement, 304 W. 11th St.
Fresh produce giveaway, noon-2 p.m. (while supplies last), Anderson Impact Center, 630 Nichol Ave.
Notices of local public meetings and events should be sent to What’s Where, P.O. Box 1090, Anderson 46015; faxed to (765) 640-4815; or emailed to email@example.com.
- Local News
Modern Trailer Sales named 'Small Business of the Year’
Moments after being named Madison County’s Small Business of the Year, Christy Kirk was posting the announcement on her company’s Facebook page. The Madison County Chamber announced Modern Trailer Sales as the winner during its Annual Awards Gala on Thursday at the Madison Park Church of God in Anderson.
Anderson will fight Lapel appeal
City Attorney Ashley Hopper said that Anderson will continue to fight Lapel on its annexation plan. Lapel made a super-voluntary strip annexation last summer that Anderson sued over, claiming the annexation was illegal and hampered any potential future growth for Anderson.
- Alexandria looks to annex south Plans are moving along in Alexandria to incorporate more businesses into the city via annexation.
- State considering Exit 214 improvements The Madison County Council of Governments Policy Committee learned Thursday that the Indiana Department of Transportation is considering improvements at the Exit 214 interchange.
- Child left sleeping on parked ACS school bus last month was a kindergartner New details emerged Thursday about a child left unattended on a school last month after falling asleep on the way home from classes at Tenth Street Elementary School.
- Lathan sentenced for Speedway incident A Figure 8 race car driver, accused of drinking and intentionally crashing into another driver's car at Anderson Speedway, has been sentenced to one year in jail.
- APD hires 6 new officers Six new police officers will be taking the oath to become members of the Anderson Police Department on March 20.
- Weather halts tractor repairs Lawn machine and tractor repair shops could see a major influx of tractors as farmers get ready for spring in the coming weeks.
- TN support group to learn about motor cortex stimulation Eden Blair, assistant professor at Bradley University and the Turner School of Entrepreneurship, in Illinois, will be speaking March 15 to the Trigeminal Neuralgia support group about cortex stimulation as a treatment for TN pain.
Clock shift is reminder to change smoke alarm batteries
Hoosiers should change the batteries in their smoke alarms at the same time they change their clocks to daylight saving time this Sunday, urged the Indiana State Fire Marshal’s office.
- More Local News Headlines
- Modern Trailer Sales named 'Small Business of the Year’