ANDERSON, Ind. — The gradual warming continues through the end of the week. Highs today will finally reach the 50s with partly cloudy skies. Overnight lows will also warm a bit staying in the mid-30s. For Saturday, clouds will be on the increase but temperatures will move into the mid 50s for highs and lows in the upper 40s/. Rain moves in late Saturday overnight and into Sunday. Scattered showers may remain Sunday afternoon. Skies clear by Tuesday.
- Local News
CB Fabricating makes $2 million investment
A local business founded in 2006 has invested $2 million in new equipment and a building expansion.
County voting records sought in federal probe
A federal grand jury has subpoenaed absentee ballot information for Madison County's 2014 primary as part of an FBI investigation.
Supreme Court observers predict ‘wide open’ process of choosing next chief
State Supreme Court Chief Justice Brent Dickson surprised observers in June when he decided to step down after a brief tenure in the leadership post.
- World War I veteran instilled pride, patriotism John Robert Quinn didn't realize he had been hit by shrapnel until a buddy told him, "John, you've got blood all over your back." They were in southern France serving in a tank battalion alongside the British in World War I.
- Arrest Log: July 28 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday based on Madison County Jail records.
- Nurse hoped for lasting peace after World War I Ella Hand’s grave marker in Elwood is simple and unadorned. A stone block, it marks that she was born Sept. 20, 1870, and died Oct. 28, 1937.
- What's Where: July 28 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Monday, July 28.
- Markleville Jamboree begins July 31 Is your baby the prettiest? Does your pet do amazing tricks? Do you bake, sew, craft? Do you like tractors? If any of this sounds like you, you're invited to join in the contests at the Markleville Jamboree.
Armed Forces Day at Colts camp pairs Girl Scout cookies with veterans
Pair Girl Scouts and their world-famous cookies with Armed Forces Day at Indianapolis Colts training camp, and you've got a winning combination. Operation: Cookie Drop, as it's called, is a program where customers buy boxes of cookies for delivery to active and retired military throughout central Indiana.
Rain doesn't dampen Brickyard fans' spirits
Despite threatening skies and chances of rain, fans at the Brickyard 400 were not disheartened by the forecast Sunday. Fans expected the race to be completed and were anticipating an exciting race for the Sprint Cup event at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- More Local News Headlines
- CB Fabricating makes $2 million investment