Pond workshop on Saturday
ANDERSON — A pond workshop with certified fisheries professional Jason Doll will be from 10 a.m., to noon Saturday in the Miami Room at Anderson Public Library. The event is sponsored by the Madison County Soil and Water Conservation District.
Some of the topics included will be maintaining water quality and test, what fish to stock, fish kills and biological control of vegetation.
RSVP by calling 644-4249, ext. 3.
Legion’s officer nominations April 9
ANDERSON — American Legion Post 127, 4118 Columbus Ave., will have its first nominations for officers at its Tuesday, April 9, meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Candlelight vigil scheduled April 16
ANDERSON — A candlelight vigil in observance of Child Abuse Awareness Month will be held from 7 to 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday, April 16, at 2009 Brown St.
In the event of inclement weather this event will take place inside Aspire’s offices at 2020 Brown St.
The event is being hosted by Aspire Counseling Services, Children’s Bureau Inc., East Central Indiana CASA Inc., Indiana Department of Child Services and the Madison County Prevent Child Abuse Council.
Ivy Tech to host Holocaust survivor
MARION — Ivy Tech Community College is hosting Eva Mozes Kor, a Holocaust survivor, who will share her story and discuss the importance of forgiveness Thursday, April 18, at 2 p.m. and again at 7 p.m. The event will take place at the Ivy Tech Marion Conference Center, 261 S. Commerce Drive, Marion.
Kor founded CANDLES Holocaust Museum and Education Center in 1995 to educate the public about eugenics, the Holocaust, and the power of forgiveness. Kor received international attention when she publicly forgave the Nazis for what had been done to her.
This event is free and open to the public. A book signing will follow. RSVP to Susan Banker 651-3100, ext. 3301 or firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15.
Cemetery Association to meet
DALEVILLE — The annual meeting of the Mount Pleasant Cemetery Association will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 16, at Mount Pleasant Church, 4101 S. Highbanks Road, north of Daleville. Anyone interested in the cemetery is invited to come.
For more information, call Jean Anthes at 759-8776.
Gary council member pleads guilty to tax evasion
GARY — A Gary city council member has pleaded guilty to tax evasion, admitting she has not filed an income tax return since 1991.
Federal prosecutors alleged Marilyn Krusas had not only failed to file returns, but had attempted to conceal an inheritance of $232,000. She agreed to plead guilty as part of a plea agreement filed Monday in U.S. District Court.
Pond workshop on Saturday
- Local News
Federal complaint unsealed against health center
A doctor formerly employed at the Madison County Community Health Center is alleging that some of the center’s doctors improperly prescribed medication as a way to receive federal and state funding.
- Lapel considers annexation The town of Lapel could annex approximately 11 square miles from the town south to Interstate 69, pending the outcome of a feasibility study. Last month a group of homeowners, currently at about 60 members, signed petitions asking to be incorporated into the town city limits.
Remembering a day when thousands lost their lives
Today the memory of Pearl Harbor is beginning to fade as fewer and fewer events are held in remembrance and fewer and fewer people attend them. About two dozen people gathered for a program on Saturday at the VFW Post 266 to honor those who died in the attack.
- Revitalization efforts increase business for local shopping center Jeff Roberts was born and raised in the city, which is why he says he is so passionate about its growth and business development.
- Person of the Year deadline is Friday The Herald Bulletin needs your help in selecting the 2013 community Person of the Year.
- From rugby, with love INDIANAPOLIS -- Daniel Adongo had just one question before his first workout for the Indianapolis Colts. Did the team want him to run barefoot, or should he pull on his cleats? The 24-year-old Kenyan represents one of the biggest gambles in NFL histo
- Arrest Log: Dec. 8 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Friday and Saturday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Library to host sixth annual Local Authors Fair The Anderson Public Library will host 16 Madison County authors on Friday, Dec. 13, and Saturday, Dec. 14 at the sixth annual Local Authors Fair and Book Signing.
- Don McAllister: Peace on earth, goodwill to all Every day starts a new story and this one gives a modern-day emphasis on the theme of this season.
- Arrest Log: Dec. 7 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Thursday and Friday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- More Local News Headlines
- Federal complaint unsealed against health center