PENDLETON, Ind. — The Pendleton Town Council will meet in special session Wednesday evening. The Herald Bulletin plans to be there and will post reports to this website and Thursday's newspaper.
- Local News
Beef, dairy entries handle the heat
For some 4-H'ers in the beef and dairy shows at the Madison County 4-H Fair, one cow can be a handful. Then there's Jeron Mason who was just one cow short of a literal handful.
- Travel restrictions on Interstate 69 this weekend During at least the next eight weekends, travel north of Anderson on Interstate 69 will be restricted as damaged concrete is repaired.
- Madison County grad rates and test scores improve, but still lag state High school graduation rates and standardized test scores in English, math and science all improved among public school students in Madison County from 2009 to 2013, according to a new report from the Annie E. Casey Foundation.
- Local Briefs: July 23 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Street Department purchases 2 pickup trucks The Anderson Street Department received approval to buy two Dodge Ram pickup trucks on Tuesday.
Colts arrive for camp at AU
Pat McAfee promised Wednesday morning that Reggie Wayne's arrival at Anderson University would be memorable. As usual, the veteran wide receiver delivered. The Colts officially kicked off their 20th training camp on campus with Wayne's entrance in the back of a two-seat IndyCar driven by Indianapolis 500 pole-sitter Ed Carpenter.
Arrest Log: July 23
Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: July 23 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday, July 23.
- Cellular Connection to host backpack giveaway Residents in Anderson will benefit from a national backpack giveaway campaign on Aug. 2.
- Senior housing request continued A request for final plat approval for a senior housing development on property near Madison Park Church of God was continued Tuesday. The Anderson Plan Commission could not consider the request because of a lack of a quorum to conduct business.
- More Local News Headlines
- Beef, dairy entries handle the heat