Onward Alliance meeting Saturday
ANDERSON — Onward Alliance will conduct its monthly business meeting Saturday at 10 a.m. at the UAW 662/663 meeting room at the corner of 29th Street and Madison Avenue, Anderson.
The public is invited.
New doctor holding open house
ANDERSON — A “Meet and Greet” open house with new OB provider Dr. Joseph Copeland will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today at the Madison County Community Health Center, 1547 Ohio Ave., Anderson.
Tours of the building will be offered.
Midwives move to new office
ANDERSON — The nurse-midwifery practice affiliated with St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital has moved to 15 W. 19th St., Anderson, the building that also houses the St. John’s Children’s Clinic.
The midwifery practice will now be called the Midwife Center at St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital. Certified nurse-midwives who are in practice at the Midwife Center are Mabrey Chamberlin, Allison Dorris, Ginny Maher and Charlotte Meeker.
As an additional service to women in the community, the Midwife Center will be providing the same free pregnancy tests that are available through the Birthing Center.
Prospective patients may call 608-1332.
AHS Class of 1960 will meet Thursday
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School class of 1960 will meet for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the Madison County Shrine Club, 2419 White St., Anderson.
Attorney enters plea in building fraud scheme
SOUTH BEND — An Indianapolis attorney indicted on fraud charges involving a northern Indiana building leased to a state agency has reached a plea deal with prosecutors.
Paul J. Page pleaded guilty Friday to felony wire fraud in federal court in South Bend. Page has agreed to testify against real estate broker John M. Bales and Bales’ partner, William E. Spencer.
Two officers suspended over party gunshots
MUNCIE — The Muncie police chief says two officers have served brief suspensions he imposed over gunshots they fired during a Fraternal Order of Police lodge Christmas party.
Police Chief Steve Stewart says Sgt. Brad Wiemer and patrolman Tyler Swain each admitted firing gunshots into a pond outside the FOP lodge on the night of the Dec. 8 party.
Woman admits embezzling $650K
HAMMOND — A northwestern Indiana woman has admitted embezzling more than $650,000 from a title company that employed her.
Laurie Brezinski of Schererville faces up to 10 years in prison when she’s sentenced on one count each of embezzlement and filing a false income tax return.
Onward Alliance meeting Saturday
- Local News
Baby born after deadly accident released to family
A baby girl born the same day a deadly accident claimed her father's life was released from the hospital Tuesday afternoon.
- Three local schools earn '4 Star' status More than 300 Indiana schools have received 4 Star designations, Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction Glenda Ritz announced Tuesday.
- Final draft of academic standards released The Indiana Department of Education released its final draft of proposed academic standards for Indiana, setting the stage for a new school future after Common Core.
- Primary voting starts at courthouse Through the first week of early voting for the May 6 primary, the Madison County Voter Registration office has been less than overwhelmed.
- Commissioners vote to eliminate Personnel Board Madison County commissioners have decided to end the county’s Personnel Board.
- Arrest Log: April 16 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Former Indy radio personality accused of defrauding family members in Madison County A former Indianapolis radio personality was arrested Monday, suspected of stealing the identities of four Madison County family members over a four-year span.
- What's Where: April 16 Local meetings and activities are scheduled for Wednesday, April 16.
- Free skin cancer screenings offered During May, when Skin Cancer Awareness Month is observed, two skin cancer screenings are being planned on the St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital campus.
- Local Briefs: April 16 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local News Headlines
- Baby born after deadly accident released to family