Onward Alliance meeting Saturday
ANDERSON — Onward Alliance will conduct its monthly business meeting Saturday at 10 a.m. at the UAW 662/663 meeting room at the corner of 29th Street and Madison Avenue, Anderson.
The public is invited.
New doctor holding open house
ANDERSON — A “Meet and Greet” open house with new OB provider Dr. Joseph Copeland will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today at the Madison County Community Health Center, 1547 Ohio Ave., Anderson.
Tours of the building will be offered.
Midwives move to new office
ANDERSON — The nurse-midwifery practice affiliated with St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital has moved to 15 W. 19th St., Anderson, the building that also houses the St. John’s Children’s Clinic.
The midwifery practice will now be called the Midwife Center at St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital. Certified nurse-midwives who are in practice at the Midwife Center are Mabrey Chamberlin, Allison Dorris, Ginny Maher and Charlotte Meeker.
As an additional service to women in the community, the Midwife Center will be providing the same free pregnancy tests that are available through the Birthing Center.
Prospective patients may call 608-1332.
AHS Class of 1960 will meet Thursday
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School class of 1960 will meet for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the Madison County Shrine Club, 2419 White St., Anderson.
Attorney enters plea in building fraud scheme
SOUTH BEND — An Indianapolis attorney indicted on fraud charges involving a northern Indiana building leased to a state agency has reached a plea deal with prosecutors.
Paul J. Page pleaded guilty Friday to felony wire fraud in federal court in South Bend. Page has agreed to testify against real estate broker John M. Bales and Bales’ partner, William E. Spencer.
Two officers suspended over party gunshots
MUNCIE — The Muncie police chief says two officers have served brief suspensions he imposed over gunshots they fired during a Fraternal Order of Police lodge Christmas party.
Police Chief Steve Stewart says Sgt. Brad Wiemer and patrolman Tyler Swain each admitted firing gunshots into a pond outside the FOP lodge on the night of the Dec. 8 party.
Woman admits embezzling $650K
HAMMOND — A northwestern Indiana woman has admitted embezzling more than $650,000 from a title company that employed her.
Laurie Brezinski of Schererville faces up to 10 years in prison when she’s sentenced on one count each of embezzlement and filing a false income tax return.
Onward Alliance meeting Saturday
- Local News
- Survivors of violent accident, mother and baby return home from hospital The past two and a half weeks of Rebecca Sperry's life have been a harrowing series of ups and downs.
Democratic congressional candidates discuss issues
The three candidates hoping to become the first Democrat to represent portions of central Indiana in more than 25 years met Wednesday in the only planned debate of the primary campaign.
- Federal trial finds man guilty of 2003 attempted bank robbery, shootout with police A man has been convicted in federal court, more than 10 years after he exchanged gunfire with an Anderson police officer during an attempted bank robbery.
Reservoir opponents take message to Earth Day
Opponents of a proposed reservoir in central Indiana hope to use this weekend's Earth Day festivals to spread the word about their concerns about the $350 million dam project, which would inundate part of a state park known for its ancient earthworks.
- Smoke leads to crash on Indiana 13 A girl was hit by a motorcycle, but not seriously injured, after smoke from a controlled burn limited visibility on Indiana 13 Wednesday afternoon.
Luck, Colts to open season against Manning's Broncos
The Indianapolis Colts will open the 2014 regular season at AFC champion Denver in a Sunday night showdown pitting quarterback Peyton Manning against his former team.
- Arrest Log: April 24 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Ritz to speak at APA's Senior Girls Luncheon Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction Glenda Ritz will be the guest speaker at Anderson Preparatory Academy's Senior Girls Luncheon on April 29.
- What's Where: April 24 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Thursday.
- Hospital's ER Department plans annual golf tournament Community Hospital Anderson’s Emergency Department will host its 12th annual golf tournament on Friday, June 20, at The Edge golf course. The Florida-style scramble will begin with a Lifeline helicopter liftoff at 1 p.m.
- More Local News Headlines