Onward Alliance meeting Saturday
ANDERSON — Onward Alliance will conduct its monthly business meeting Saturday at 10 a.m. at the UAW 662/663 meeting room at the corner of 29th Street and Madison Avenue, Anderson.
The public is invited.
New doctor holding open house
ANDERSON — A “Meet and Greet” open house with new OB provider Dr. Joseph Copeland will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today at the Madison County Community Health Center, 1547 Ohio Ave., Anderson.
Tours of the building will be offered.
Midwives move to new office
ANDERSON — The nurse-midwifery practice affiliated with St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital has moved to 15 W. 19th St., Anderson, the building that also houses the St. John’s Children’s Clinic.
The midwifery practice will now be called the Midwife Center at St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital. Certified nurse-midwives who are in practice at the Midwife Center are Mabrey Chamberlin, Allison Dorris, Ginny Maher and Charlotte Meeker.
As an additional service to women in the community, the Midwife Center will be providing the same free pregnancy tests that are available through the Birthing Center.
Prospective patients may call 608-1332.
AHS Class of 1960 will meet Thursday
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School class of 1960 will meet for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the Madison County Shrine Club, 2419 White St., Anderson.
Attorney enters plea in building fraud scheme
SOUTH BEND — An Indianapolis attorney indicted on fraud charges involving a northern Indiana building leased to a state agency has reached a plea deal with prosecutors.
Paul J. Page pleaded guilty Friday to felony wire fraud in federal court in South Bend. Page has agreed to testify against real estate broker John M. Bales and Bales’ partner, William E. Spencer.
Two officers suspended over party gunshots
MUNCIE — The Muncie police chief says two officers have served brief suspensions he imposed over gunshots they fired during a Fraternal Order of Police lodge Christmas party.
Police Chief Steve Stewart says Sgt. Brad Wiemer and patrolman Tyler Swain each admitted firing gunshots into a pond outside the FOP lodge on the night of the Dec. 8 party.
Woman admits embezzling $650K
HAMMOND — A northwestern Indiana woman has admitted embezzling more than $650,000 from a title company that employed her.
Laurie Brezinski of Schererville faces up to 10 years in prison when she’s sentenced on one count each of embezzlement and filing a false income tax return.
Onward Alliance meeting Saturday
- Local News
- Elwood band plans march to Emerald City Like toy soldiers on an imaginary battlefield, members of the Elwood Jr./ Sr. High School marching band stood poised for action, silhouetted against a dying sun Tuesday night.
- One principal to guide St. Ambrose, St. Mary's Brad Kluesner will serve a dual role as principal of both St. Ambrose and St. Mary's Catholic schools as 2014-2015 classes get underway today.
- Teen receives funding for business venture Brandon Boynton is moving forward with his business dreams, thanks in part to a local working capital loan and a fundraising campaign.
- Local Briefs: July 31 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: July 31 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday based on Madison County Jail records.
- Arrest Log: July 30 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Local briefs: July 30 News items of local and state interest as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Band Day schedule Four high school bands from Madison County will compete in the Music Travel Consultants Band Day set for Aug. 2 at the Hoosier Lottery Grandstand at the Indiana State Fair.
- Senior housing project advances If all the pieces fall into place within the next two weeks, construction on a new senior housing development could begin this fall.
- What's where: July 30 Meetings and local activities scheduled for Wednesday.
- More Local News Headlines