ANDERSON, Ind. —
Golden Age euchre, 11:30 a.m., Union Hall, 29th Street and Madison Avenue.
Euchre, 1:30 p.m.; beef stew dinner, 4:30 p.m.; organ music, 4-5:30 p.m.; bingo, 6 p.m., Rangeline Community Center, 1405 N. Rangeline Road.
Town Council, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 17 Veterans Blvd.
Special school board meeting to vote on balanced calendar, moved to 6 p.m., Elwood Community Schools Administrative Office, 1306 N. Anderson St.
Notices of local public meetings and events should be sent to What’s Where, P.O. Box 1090, Anderson 46015; faxed to (765) 640-4815; or emailed to email@example.com. Check www.heraldbulletin.com for a calendar of upcoming events.
ANDERSON, Ind. —
- Local News
- Art show overcomes financial, weather hurdles A shortage of funds, canceled classes and a predicted snowstorm couldn’t stop it. The Art Association of Madison County’s 15th annual Student Art Exhibit opened — narrowly — without a hitch March 2.
- Light rail big issue in transit bill Sen. Tim Lanane, D-Anderson, said the biggest issue facing the conference committee on the mass transit bill is the matter of light rail.
- Israel trip may bring new jobs City officials' trip last week to Israel could result in future investments by two companies that have operations in Anderson.
- Adair Gibbs' passion was people When Adell "Adair" Gibbs died recently, the Anderson community lost a leader who sought answers to problems and fought for equality for all residents.
- Audubon Society opposed to reservoir Another environmental group has voiced opposition to the proposed Mounds Lake reservoir based on concerns over the potential impact on Mounds State Park.
- Geater Center getting new gym floor For the first time since it opened in the 1970s, the Geater Center is getting a new gym floor as a result of safety concerns.
- County could get federal relief Some federal aid to pay for snow expenses could be coming to Madison County.
- What's Where: March 10 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Monday, March 10.
- Second Harvest establishes Senior Citizens Volunteer Club Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana is looking for volunteers who want to become a part of a newly established Senior Citizens Volunteer Club.
- Arrest Log: March 10 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Saturday and Sunday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- More Local News Headlines