Two bombs exploded near the finish line of the Boston Marathon today, killing two people and injuring at least 50 others. Get live updates from a team of CNHI reporters in Boston throughout the evening.
- Local News
Second fire of the day in Anderson: 200 block of West 11th Street
For the second time today, Anderson firefighters are battling a blaze in the city.
Columbus Avenue building to be demolished after fire
Authorities will demolish an apartment building in the 2600 block of Columbus Avenue where firefighters battled a blaze today.
- Regional strategic plan to be developed The cities of Anderson, Muncie and New Castle are partnering with assistance from a federal grant for the development of a regional strategic plan.
- Local writers prepare for authors fair at Anderson Public Library Local author Elmore Hammes remembers when he first published a children’s book and a little girl approached him at a book signing. She wouldn’t stop smiling, not even to talk to the writer.
- Arrest Log: Dec. 12 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Local Girl Scout Troop earns Super Troop award Girl Scouts from Troop 01695 in Madison County recently earned the Super Troop award from Girl Scouts of Central Indiana.
- Officials field questions on health care The questions varied but confusion about the Affordable Care Act still seemed to be rampant among the people who showed up at an information meeting Wednesday evening.
- Anderson to purchase 10 patrol cars The Anderson City Council is being asked to approve the transfer of $430,000 in the police and fire department budgets for the purchase of 10 new patrol cars and an ambulance.
- Empty Stocking Fund donations rise to nearly $4,000 Donations Tuesday increased the total received for The Herald Bulletin’s Empty Stocking Fund to $3,815.
- Person of the Year deadline is Friday The Herald Bulletin needs your help in selecting the 2013 community Person of the Year.
- More Local News Headlines
- Second fire of the day in Anderson: 200 block of West 11th Street