Help needed identifying body
ANDERSON — Marian Dunnichay, Madison County coroner, is looking for help in positively identifying a deceased female, 65-70 years of age, who was found at her residence at 3332 E. Eighth St., Anderson, on March 30.
“It is believed that the deceased is LeAnn Lennen but we are asking for anyone who might be a relative, friend, former doctor or dentist to contact us,” Dunnichay said. “There were documents found in the home that had a different first name on them.”
“Foul play is not suspected. She appears to have died of natural causes,” Dunnichay said.
Fresh produce giveaway Wednesday
ANDERSON — A fresh produce giveaway will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday (while supplies last) at The Anderson Impact Center, 630 Nichol Ave., Anderson.
This is a collaboration with Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana.
Individuals are encouraged to bring their own bags.
Second Harvest Tailgate in Elwood
ELWOOD — Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana will provide food for families in need at a Tailgate distribution on Thursday in the Elwood and Summitville area.
The Second Harvest Tailgate will be held at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 1306 South A St., Elwood, from 2 to 4 p.m. (while supplies last.) Cars should enter the parking lot from South A Street and exit on Main Street.
For information: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.curehunger.org.
Alexandria plans annual CARE Day
ALEXANDRIA — The next CARE Day meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Alexandria Monroe Chamber office, 125 N Wayne St.
Small Town USA is gearing up for its annual spring cleaning.
CARE Day on May 18 will entail planting flowers, painting trash barrels, washing windows, sweeping sidewalks, picking up trash and cleaning up parking lots, etc.
Anyone interested in helping (in person or with a donation) can attend one of the organizational meetings or call the Chamber of Commerce office at 724-3144.
Help needed identifying body
- Local News
- One principal to guide St. Ambrose, St. Mary's Brad Kluesner will serve a dual role as principal of both St. Ambrose and St. Mary's Catholic schools as 2014-2015 classes get underway today.
- Police investigate hit-and-run on bicyclist Police are investigating an apparent hit-and-run on a bicyclist this morning.
- Teen receives funding for business venture Brandon Boynton is moving forward with his business dreams, thanks in part to a local working capital loan and a fundraising campaign.
- Local Briefs: July 31 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: July 31 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday based on Madison County Jail records.
Elwood band plans march to Emerald City
Like toy soldiers on an imaginary battlefield, members of the Elwood Jr./ Sr. High School marching band stood poised for action, silhouetted against a dying sun Tuesday night.
- Arrest Log: July 30 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Local briefs: July 30 News items of local and state interest as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Band Day schedule Four high school bands from Madison County will compete in the Music Travel Consultants Band Day set for Aug. 2 at the Hoosier Lottery Grandstand at the Indiana State Fair.
- Senior housing project advances If all the pieces fall into place within the next two weeks, construction on a new senior housing development could begin this fall.
- More Local News Headlines