VIDEO: Before returning to Washington Friday for a series of briefings on the crisis in Syria, U.S. Rep. Susan Brooks (R-District 5) discussed the questions she has on the situation and the evidence she needs to see from the Obama administration before deciding how she'll vote on the question of authorizing military action there.
What Brooks needs to hear on Syria
- Local News
- Women's shelter victim of copper vandalization A cooling system at a women's shelter near Community Hospital was stripped of copper early Tuesday morning.
- Most ACS officials get raises Anderson school administrators got raises approved Tuesday by the Anderson Community Schools board while a contingent of teachers showed up to protest.
- APD: Man charged with battery, allegedly had marijuana, cocaine and alcohol in system Police believe a cocktail of alcohol, cocaine and marijuana might have influenced an incident of alleged battery on Monday morning.
- Frankton council approves raises, mulls utility hike Town employees got a little Christmas present Monday when the Frankton Town Council voted unanimously to approve $1,000 pay increases.
- City replacing Lafayette Township well The Anderson Water Department is planning to replace the existing Rock Well in Lafayette Township to increase the per-minute pumping capacity of the well field.
- Arrest Log: Dec. 11 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
Attorney general subpoenaed local death certificates
On the day before Michael W. Lockridge Sr. died in 2011, he was prescribed morphine for the first time by a doctor, his fiancee told The Herald Bulletin this week.
- What's Where: Dec. 11 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday.
- Inaugural Help Portrait event set for Saturday The inaugural Help Portrait Anderson event will take place on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at The Anderson Center for the Arts.
- Federal official to present Affordable Care Act program A presentation on the Affordable Care Act has been set for 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Anderson Public Library. 111 E. 12th St. The session is open to the public.
- More Local News Headlines