VFW Men’s Auxiliary meets
ANDERSON — The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 266 Men’s Auxiliary will conduct a meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 8.
The post is located at 3210 Columbus Ave.
Alzheimer’s caregiver seminar set
MUNCIE — The Alzheimer’s Association Greater Indiana Chapter will host a free two-part series, “Living with Alzheimer’s for Caregivers: Late-Stage” on from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, May 14 from at the BSU Alumni Center, 2800 W. Bethel Ave., Muncie.
There is no fee to attend, but registration is requested by contacting the Alzheimer’s Association 24/7 Helpline at 800-272-3900.
Annual meeting date changed
ANDERSON — The Madison County Community Health Center has changed the date of its annual meeting to May 28 at 8 a.m. in the Madison County Community Health Center Community Rooms.
Cemetery cleanup on Saturday
DALEVILLE — The spring cleanup of the Mount Pleasant Cemetery, north of Daleville, will be held on Saturday at 10 a.m.
Anyone willing to help spruce up the grounds is welcome. For more information contact, Jean Anthes at 759-8776.
NAMI meetings open to public
ANDERSON — The National Alliance on Mental Illness of Madison County Support and Education meetings are free and open to the public.
Family Support Group: information, advocacy and support for friends and family members. Anderson Library, 111 E. 12th St., third floor, Redbud room, 6 to 7:30 p.m., first and third Thursday of each month, May 2 and 16. Contact: Rick Wood, 208-1515, Namicrwood@hotmail.com.
Connection Recovery Support Group for Consumers, Anderson Public Library check information desk for room. 1st & 3rd Saturday of each month May 4 and 18. Contact Steve Lortz, 642-9120, Stevelortz@gmail.com or Karen Barnard, 606-362-5744.
Blood drive to be held
PENDLETON — A blood drive in honor of Bonnie Porter will be held from 2 to 7 p.m. Monday, at Fall Creek Christian Church in Pendleton. Porter was recently diagnosed with leukemia and will receive about three units of blood each week as part of her treatment. Donors are asked to call 1-800-RED CROSS to schedule an appointment.
Homeownership workshop set
ANDERSON — If you are a first-time homebuyer, and you would like to purchase a home in Delaware, Madison, Blackford, Randolph or Henry County, PathStone can help.
An informational workshop will be held at Cross Lakes Apartments, 1800 Cross Lakes Blvd, Anderson, today from 10 a.m. to noon or 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
This workshop will cover the homeownership program and details will be discussed about a special financial assistance program available to help eligible individuals and families become successful homeowners.
Registration is required by calling 286-2162.
VFW Men’s Auxiliary meets
- Local News
Colts fans come from all over Indiana for training camp
Under bright skies and mild temperatures, Indianapolis Colts fans turned out in droves to witness the first of this year's public practices at Anderson University's campus on Thursday.
- South Madison superintendent contract OK'd South Madison Community Schools officials Thursday unanimously ratified a new three-year contract for Superintendent Joe Buck, and approved textbook fees for middle and high school students.
- Brown awarded $25,200 settlement A federal jury issued a split verdict in the discrimination case filed by Jack Brown against the city of Anderson that alleged violations of his free speech rights and the American Disabilities Act.
Auction teaches in business, farming
After 10 years of 4-H, saying goodbye to his animals has become a simple matter for McKennon Heald. But he said he wouldn't be surprised to see some tears from some of the younger participants. He's been there.
- Anderson, Alexandria and Elwood receive grants to tear down abandoned houses Three Madison County cities — Anderson, Alexandria and Elwood — received state grants that will be used to tear down abandoned, dilapidated houses.
- Arrest Log: July 25 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: July 25 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Friday, July 25.
- Support breakfast at Cross Roads Through The Eyes of Special Kids will host its support breakfast from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Cross Roads United Methodist Church, 2000 N. Scatterfield Road.
Second person dies following Ind. 9 accident
A second person has died from injuries following an accident Wednesday on Ind. 9. Clayton Crumley, 21, died at IU Health Methodist Hospital, officials said Thursday.
- Arrest Log: July 24 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- More Local News Headlines
- Colts fans come from all over Indiana for training camp