VFW Men’s Auxiliary meets
ANDERSON — The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 266 Men’s Auxiliary will conduct a meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 8.
The post is located at 3210 Columbus Ave.
Alzheimer’s caregiver seminar set
MUNCIE — The Alzheimer’s Association Greater Indiana Chapter will host a free two-part series, “Living with Alzheimer’s for Caregivers: Late-Stage” on from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, May 14 from at the BSU Alumni Center, 2800 W. Bethel Ave., Muncie.
There is no fee to attend, but registration is requested by contacting the Alzheimer’s Association 24/7 Helpline at 800-272-3900.
Annual meeting date changed
ANDERSON — The Madison County Community Health Center has changed the date of its annual meeting to May 28 at 8 a.m. in the Madison County Community Health Center Community Rooms.
Cemetery cleanup on Saturday
DALEVILLE — The spring cleanup of the Mount Pleasant Cemetery, north of Daleville, will be held on Saturday at 10 a.m.
Anyone willing to help spruce up the grounds is welcome. For more information contact, Jean Anthes at 759-8776.
NAMI meetings open to public
ANDERSON — The National Alliance on Mental Illness of Madison County Support and Education meetings are free and open to the public.
Family Support Group: information, advocacy and support for friends and family members. Anderson Library, 111 E. 12th St., third floor, Redbud room, 6 to 7:30 p.m., first and third Thursday of each month, May 2 and 16. Contact: Rick Wood, 208-1515, Namicrwood@hotmail.com.
Connection Recovery Support Group for Consumers, Anderson Public Library check information desk for room. 1st & 3rd Saturday of each month May 4 and 18. Contact Steve Lortz, 642-9120, Stevelortz@gmail.com or Karen Barnard, 606-362-5744.
Blood drive to be held
PENDLETON — A blood drive in honor of Bonnie Porter will be held from 2 to 7 p.m. Monday, at Fall Creek Christian Church in Pendleton. Porter was recently diagnosed with leukemia and will receive about three units of blood each week as part of her treatment. Donors are asked to call 1-800-RED CROSS to schedule an appointment.
Homeownership workshop set
ANDERSON — If you are a first-time homebuyer, and you would like to purchase a home in Delaware, Madison, Blackford, Randolph or Henry County, PathStone can help.
An informational workshop will be held at Cross Lakes Apartments, 1800 Cross Lakes Blvd, Anderson, today from 10 a.m. to noon or 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
This workshop will cover the homeownership program and details will be discussed about a special financial assistance program available to help eligible individuals and families become successful homeowners.
Registration is required by calling 286-2162.
VFW Men’s Auxiliary meets
- Local News
- Learning block by block More than 45 toddlers and parents came to the Pendleton Public Library on Thursday to play with blocks. Although that seems like a fairly normal, everyday activity, the children were learning skills that will help them down the road.
- Homeless man to be buried in Maplewood A funeral will be held at East Maplewood Cemetery at 9:30 a.m. today for Christopher Cook, a homeless man who died on April 17.
- Property tax deadline May 12 Almost 200 property owners have taken advantage of a new program implemented by the Madison County treasurer’s office that allows for monthly tax payments.
- City to celebrate Earth Day After a one-year hiatus, the celebration of Earth Day in Anderson will take place at Shadyside Memorial Park this Saturday.
- Clerk candidates discuss service, vote centers A seasoned politician is facing a candidate who says he is prepared to tackle the “egotistical officials pursuing lawless agendas” in this year’s race for Madison County clerk.
- South Madison offers 'cyber safety' program for parents From Facebook and Twitter to Instagram and Tmbler, the list of social media websites is long and seems to grow almost daily.
- City plans to extend 67th Street to Main Street The city of Anderson is moving forward with plans to extend 67th Street from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard east to Main Street over the next few years as funds become available.
Luck, Colts to open season against Manning's Broncos
The Indianapolis Colts will open the 2014 regular season at AFC champion Denver in a Sunday night showdown pitting quarterback Peyton Manning against his former team.
- Arrest Log: April 24 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Ritz to speak at APA's Senior Girls Luncheon Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction Glenda Ritz will be the guest speaker at Anderson Preparatory Academy's Senior Girls Luncheon on April 29.
- More Local News Headlines