VFW Men’s Auxiliary meets
ANDERSON — The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 266 Men’s Auxiliary will conduct a meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 8.
The post is located at 3210 Columbus Ave.
Alzheimer’s caregiver seminar set
MUNCIE — The Alzheimer’s Association Greater Indiana Chapter will host a free two-part series, “Living with Alzheimer’s for Caregivers: Late-Stage” on from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, May 14 from at the BSU Alumni Center, 2800 W. Bethel Ave., Muncie.
There is no fee to attend, but registration is requested by contacting the Alzheimer’s Association 24/7 Helpline at 800-272-3900.
Annual meeting date changed
ANDERSON — The Madison County Community Health Center has changed the date of its annual meeting to May 28 at 8 a.m. in the Madison County Community Health Center Community Rooms.
Cemetery cleanup on Saturday
DALEVILLE — The spring cleanup of the Mount Pleasant Cemetery, north of Daleville, will be held on Saturday at 10 a.m.
Anyone willing to help spruce up the grounds is welcome. For more information contact, Jean Anthes at 759-8776.
NAMI meetings open to public
ANDERSON — The National Alliance on Mental Illness of Madison County Support and Education meetings are free and open to the public.
Family Support Group: information, advocacy and support for friends and family members. Anderson Library, 111 E. 12th St., third floor, Redbud room, 6 to 7:30 p.m., first and third Thursday of each month, May 2 and 16. Contact: Rick Wood, 208-1515, Namicrwood@hotmail.com.
Connection Recovery Support Group for Consumers, Anderson Public Library check information desk for room. 1st & 3rd Saturday of each month May 4 and 18. Contact Steve Lortz, 642-9120, Stevelortz@gmail.com or Karen Barnard, 606-362-5744.
Blood drive to be held
PENDLETON — A blood drive in honor of Bonnie Porter will be held from 2 to 7 p.m. Monday, at Fall Creek Christian Church in Pendleton. Porter was recently diagnosed with leukemia and will receive about three units of blood each week as part of her treatment. Donors are asked to call 1-800-RED CROSS to schedule an appointment.
Homeownership workshop set
ANDERSON — If you are a first-time homebuyer, and you would like to purchase a home in Delaware, Madison, Blackford, Randolph or Henry County, PathStone can help.
An informational workshop will be held at Cross Lakes Apartments, 1800 Cross Lakes Blvd, Anderson, today from 10 a.m. to noon or 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
This workshop will cover the homeownership program and details will be discussed about a special financial assistance program available to help eligible individuals and families become successful homeowners.
Registration is required by calling 286-2162.
VFW Men’s Auxiliary meets
- Local News
Red Cross offers assistance to nine displaced by fires
Nine Anderson residents, displaced Thursday in two separate apartment fires, were being assisted by the American Red Cross in finding temporary housing.
- Elwood police chief: Officer downloaded porn on city computer An eight-year veteran of the Elwood Police Department has been demoted and has served an unpaid three-day suspension for downloading homemade videos, deemed pornographic, on a city-owned computer.
Anderson City Council approves $700,000 water department loan
The Anderson Common Council Thursday approved a $700,000 loan from the sewer department to the water utility to help cover an anticipated cash flow shortage.
- Centaur Gaming plans to invest $2 million in new off-track betting site A plan to relocate a Fort Wayne off-track betting site owned by Centaur to New Haven has been approved by the Indiana Horse Racing Commission.
- Civilian Review Board member feels board overstepping its bounds A member of the city's Civilian Review Board believes the board has been operating illegally by hearing complaints brought by city employees against the city that are personnel issues.
- Local briefs: Dec. 14 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: Dec. 13 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: Dec. 13 Local meetings and activities are planned Friday.
- Annual Toy Give Away seeking volunteers, donations This year’s City Wide Toy Give Away will take place Saturday, Dec. 21, at the UAW Hall at 29th Street and Madison Avenue.
Fire destroys 11th Street house
VIDEO: Anderson firefighters endured sub-freezing temperatures while battling a blaze that engulfed a house at 233 W. 11th St. in Anderson on Thursday. Residents in six apartments were displaced when the blaze raced through the two-story structure. The house was declared a total loss.
- More Local News Headlines
- Red Cross offers assistance to nine displaced by fires