ANDERSON, Ind. — Scattered showers and thunderstorms will become more numerous through the weekend. Highs on Friday will warm into the mid-70s with showers and storms in the afternoon. Scattered showers may continue into Saturday morning. Heavier rain could be possible during Saturday afternoon. Temperatures will sttart in the 50s Saturday morning but warm into the 60s. More showers and storms continue into Sunday.
- Local News
Candidates meet in Alexandria
Several Madison County candidates running for a variety of offices met at Alexandria-Monroe High School Wednesday night to introduce themselves to voters and talk about some issues.
Family, friends bid farewell to Jesse Sperry
The fussing of 10-day-old Autumn Marie Sperry seemed to coincide with the beginning of the funeral service for her father, Jesse Sperry, whose body rested just a few feet away. More than 200 friends and family members gathered at Edgewood Baptist Church this afternoon to pay their respects to Jesse, who was killed April 6 in a traffic accident on Indiana 32.
Police: Woman brings handgun to school
An Anderson woman said she forgot she was carrying a gun Wednesday when she went to St. Mary’s School to meet with a principal and discuss a threat made against her son.
AU students giving back to community
For the past five years Anderson University students have been sprucing up the city through the Operation Foundation program.
Anderson collects nearly $67,000 in bad debt
The city of Anderson collected almost $67,000 in bad debts owed to the four utility departments in March.
- Educators, agribusiness leaders discuss careers Citing approximately 55,000 new jobs being created annually in agribusiness, U.S. Rep. Susan Brooks brought educators and business leaders together to encourage students to consider it as a career path.
- Local Briefs: April 17 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Dog owners invited to Easter egg hunt McCulloch Park will be going to the dogs on Saturday. Residents are invited to join in for the Easter egg hunt specifically for canines and their human companions.
- Arrest Log: April 17 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Arrest Log: April 16 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- More Local News Headlines
- Candidates meet in Alexandria