Elwood auction to benefit needy
ELWOOD — The Elwood American Legion Post 53 will host its first-ever auction at 10 a.m. Nov. 9 to raise money to help needy families in the area. They are currently in search of items and monetary donations.
Donations may be made at the American Legion Post 53, 220 W. Main St., Elwood. Call 552-1055 for local pickup.
Cemetery group meets Wednesday night
ANDERSON — The Madison County Cemetery Commission will meet at 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Anderson Public Library, third floor.
Various township pioneer cemeteries will be discussed.
The public is welcome.
Kid identification program offered
NOBLESVILLE — The Noblesville Golden Corral restaurant, 15755 N. Pointe Blvd., will offer the GuardianKIDS I.D. Program.
The free program will be held Feb. 5 and Feb. 7 from 4 to 8 p.m., and Feb. 9 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For each child participating in the program, parents will receive one Bio-Doc that contains the child’s photograph and accurate fingerprints. The information contained on the Bio-Doc will help the police in recovering the child in the event that he or she goes missing.
Mayor wants armed officers in schools
PERU — The mayor of a north-central Indiana city is pledging his support for a proposal to post armed officers in the city’s schools.
Peru Mayor Jim Walker said Monday during his annual state of the city address that his administration is trying to find funding to pay for five armed guards at the main entrances of Peru’s five schools.
Man accused of killing three goats
ROANOKE — Tanner A. Macy, 19, of Roanoke, has posted bond after being charged with three counts of torturing or mutilating a vertebrate animal, a class D felony, and one charge of obstructing justice, also a class D felony.
Uninsured kids to grow Medicaid rolls
INDIANAPOLIS — The analyst hired by the state to estimate the impact of the federal health care law told Indiana lawmakers Tuesday that an unintended consequence could unearth tens of thousands of children who qualify for Medicaid but are not enrolled.
Elwood auction to benefit needy
- Local News
Elwood welcomes manufacturing company Warner Bodies
The relocation of a manufacturing plant to Madison County brings both revitalization and new jobs to the area.
- Daleville gets first look at reservoir project The Imagine Mounds Lake project made a stop in Daleville on Thursday as residents came out to ask questions and see how the proposed reservoir might affect their lives.
- Two injured in accident at intersection missing stop sign Three weeks after a previous accident took out the stop sign at Sycamore Street and Nichol Avenue, another collision took place at the intersection Wednesday.
Anderson woman facing 90-year sentence in attempted abduction of infant
An Anderson woman faces up to 90 years in prison after pleading guilty to trying to abduct an infant in Muncie in 2013.
- Lapel turns dirt for new fire station After working on the details on financing for years, the Lapel Stony Creek Township Fire Territory is much closer to opening a new station after a ceremonial ground breaking Tuesday night.
- Arrest Log: Aug. 21 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
Manufacturing company opens in Elwood
More than 200 people turned out to welcome Warner Bodies to the city Wednesday morning.
- Reservoir proposal garnering support Of the approximately 400 people who visited the “Imagine Mounds Lake” display at the Mounds Mall on Tuesday, the vast majority were supportive of the project.
- What's Where: Aug. 20 Local meeting and events as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Local Briefs: Aug. 20 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local News Headlines
- Elwood welcomes manufacturing company Warner Bodies