Robert T. Cassidy
Dec. 12, 1918 - Nov. 29, 2009
BORREGO SPRINGS, Calif. — Former Elwood resident Robert T. Cassidy, 90, of Borrego Springs, Calif., died Nov. 29, 2009, at St. Vincent Mercy Hospital in Elwood.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include daughter, Kathleen (husband, Pat) Murphy; and son, Thomas J. (wife, Angela) Cassidy.
His wife, Ida Joan (Allaire) Cassidy, died Dec. 5, 1979.
Funeral Mass 10 a.m. Friday at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Elwood. Burial in Garden of Memory Cemetery, Marion.
Visitation 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Dunnichay Funeral Home, Elwood.
Memorials to East Main Street Christian Church Guatemala Project through the funeral home.
Cora M. Beebe
June 7, 1915 - Dec. 1, 2009
INDIANAPOLIS — Former Anderson resident Cora Mae (Maynard) Beebe, 94, Indianapolis, died Dec. 1, 2009, at Miller’s Senior Living, Indianapolis.
She is survived by her children, Jeanette (Charles) Sloan and Steven Beebe.
Her husband, Charles H. Beebe, died April 14, 1991.
Visitation 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Robert D. Loose Funeral Homes & Crematory, South Chapel, 200 W. 53rd St., Anderson.
Service 1 p.m. Thursday at the South Chapel. Burial in Anderson Memorial Park Cemetery, Anderson.
Edna J. Warren
Aug. 5, 1915 - Nov. 30, 2009
ARCADIA — Edna J. (Hatcher) Stoops Warren, 94, Arcadia, died Nov. 30, 2009, at Riverwalk Village in Noblesville.
She is survived by sons, John E Stoops, Douglas Stoops, Robert Stoops and James Herman; and daughters, Roseanne Perry and Karen Beeson.
She was preceded in death by two husbands, John Lawrence Stoops and Marshall Warren.
Service 10 a.m. Saturday at Randall & Roberts Funeral Home, Noblesville. Burial in Oaklawn Memorial Gardens, Indianapolis.
Visitation 4 to 8 p.m. Friday.
Memorials to Moose Charities Memorial Program, c/o Moose Charities Inc., 155 S. International Drive, Mooseheart, IL 60539-1100.
Darrell E. Wire
Nov. 29, 1933 - Dec. 1, 2009
FISHERS — Darrell E. Wire, 76, Fishers, brother of Anderson residents Bonnie Menefee and Ted Wire, died Dec. 1, 2009, at his residence.
Survivors include sons, Darrell Wire Jr. and Kelly Wire; and daughters, Kristina Wilson and Sally Applegate.
His wife, Betty (Felton) Wire, preceded him in death.
Service 3 p.m. Friday at Randall & Roberts Funeral Home, 1150 Logan St., Noblesville, IN 46060. Visitation 1 to 3 p.m. Friday.
Memorials in his memory may be made to the funeral home.
ANDERSON — David Ball, 42, Anderson, died unexpectedly Nov. 30, 2009, in El Paso, Texas.
Arrangements are pending at Robert D. Loose Funeral Homes & Crematory, South Chapel, Anderson.
Danny F. Haggard
ANDERSON — Danny Freeman Haggard, 48, died Dec. 1, 2009, at Community Hospital Anderson, as the result of a sudden illness. Visitation 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Rozelle-Johnson Funeral Service. Memorial service 1 p.m. Saturday at Central Community Chapel. A full obituary will be published Thursday.
Patricia A. Hedgecraft
ANDERSON — Patricia Ann Hedgecraft, 74, of Anderson, died Nov. 30, 2009, at Countryside Manor.
Arrangements are pending at Guilkey Funeral Home.
Francis A. Karr
ANDERSON — Francis A. Karr, 89, Anderson, died Dec. 1, 2009, at Community Hospital.
Arrangements are pending at Brown-Butz-Diedring Funeral Home.
Terrence W. McQuade
ANDERSON — Terrence W. “Terry” McQuade, 72, of Anderson, died Nov. 30, 2009, at St. Vincent Hospice, Indianapolis. Arrangements are pending at Brown-Butz-Diedring Funeral Home.
James H. Rogers
PENDLETON — James H. Rogers, 77, died Dec. 1, 2009, at his residence, following an extended illness. Arrangements are pending at Wilson St. Pierre Funeral Service and Crematory, Lahm Chapel, Pendleton.
Robert T. Cassidy
- Local News
Modern Trailer Sales named 'Small Business of the Year’
Moments after being named Madison County’s Small Business of the Year, Christy Kirk was posting the announcement on her company’s Facebook page. The Madison County Chamber announced Modern Trailer Sales as the winner during its Annual Awards Gala on Thursday at the Madison Park Church of God in Anderson.
Anderson will fight Lapel appeal
City Attorney Ashley Hopper said that Anderson will continue to fight Lapel on its annexation plan. Lapel made a super-voluntary strip annexation last summer that Anderson sued over, claiming the annexation was illegal and hampered any potential future growth for Anderson.
- Alexandria looks to annex south Plans are moving along in Alexandria to incorporate more businesses into the city via annexation.
- State considering Exit 214 improvements The Madison County Council of Governments Policy Committee learned Thursday that the Indiana Department of Transportation is considering improvements at the Exit 214 interchange.
- Child left sleeping on parked ACS school bus last month was a kindergartner New details emerged Thursday about a child left unattended on a school last month after falling asleep on the way home from classes at Tenth Street Elementary School.
Train blocks entrance of Flagship
A train experiencing mechanical problems is blocking the entrance into The Flagship industrial park this morning.
Benefit set for family of toddler who died in fire
Southwestern Indiana residents saddened by a toddler's death this week in a day care center fire are planning a fundraiser to help her family with funeral expenses.
- Fire Department battalion chief demoted to private The Anderson Board of Public Safety has upheld disciplinary action against Battalion Chief Eric Hutchison for conduct unbecoming of an officer.
- Pendleton man found guilty of strangulation It took a Madison Circuit Court Division 1 jury just an hour to convict Pendleton resident Jeremy Roberts in connection with a 2013 battery.
- Shelbyville casino renamed A sister-property to the Hoosier Park Racing & Casino, owned by Centaur Gaming, is getting a new name.
- More Local News Headlines
- Modern Trailer Sales named 'Small Business of the Year’