Find a balance to enjoy the work day
MUNCIE — Join Muncie Young Professionals and Formstack Culturist Kelly Millspaugh during the March ProLunch on Friday, March 15 at 11:30 a.m. at Minnetrista Cultural Center.
The cost is $15 for MYP members and $20 for non-members. If you are going to spend 40+ hours of your week at work, why not enjoy being there? Millspaugh will speak on finding the balance between work and fun, and how that right balance can create a unique vibrant culture.
For information, or to register, visit www.muncieyoungprofessionals.com. The RSVP deadline is Monday.
Safe Server class to be offered Sunday
FRANKTON — The Indiana Alcohol Safe Server training class is scheduled to be held at Bernie’s Bar, 112 Washington St., Frankton, this Sunday.
Any person who holds an Indiana Alcohol Beverage Permit is required to attend this class once every three years. New permit holders must take this class within 120 days of obtaining their permit.
Seating is limited. To reserve a seat call (317) 509-3900. Registration will begin 30 minutes prior to the class beginning. No one will be permitted to attend class if not registered before the start time.
Korean War veterans to meet Monday
ANDERSON — The Anderson Tri-County Chapter 308 of the KWVA (Korean War Veterans Association) will meet on Monday at noon at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 266, 3210 Columbus Ave., Anderson.
Any veterans of the Korean War or veterans who served in Korea are invited to attend. For further information, call Chapter Commander Ray Turpen at 643-7196 or Don Ellwood, serectary-treasurer, at 221-7513.
Donnelly gets his pick for chairman
INDIANAPOLIS — Sen. Joe Donnelly’s pick to become the new Indiana Democratic Party chairman won’t face any challengers for the position.
Democratic Party officials announced that veteran Capitol Hill staffer John Zody was the only person to meet Wednesday’s deadline to be considered for the chairmanship when the state central committee votes on its leadership Saturday.
Inmate charged with raping girl, 10
ELKHART — A northern Indiana prosecutor says a convicted child molester due to be released from prison in three months is being charged in the rape of a 10-year-old girl 25 years ago.
Elkhart County Prosecutor Curtis Hill said a DNA sample collected from the victim at the time of the crime matched that of Robert Quinn, 50. Quinn is imprisoned at New Castle Correctional Facility in eastern Indiana for violating parole on a 2005 child molesting conviction.
Dolan to give Notre Dame address
SOUTH BEND — Cardinal Timothy Dolan of New York will be the principal commencement speaker at the University of Notre Dame in May and receive an honorary degree.
Dolan is considered a candidate to succeed Pope Benedict XVI. He’s the president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops and one of the best known religious figures in the U.S.
Dolan has helped lead the challenge to the White House mandate for birth control coverage in health insurance.
Find a balance to enjoy the work day
- Local News
Anderson IREAD-3 test results show improvement
Two Anderson elementary schools posted double-digit increases in the percentage of third-graders who passed the IREAD-3 test last month, according to preliminary results released by school officials.
- Educators, agribusiness leaders discuss careers Citing approximately 55,000 new jobs being created annually in agribusiness, U.S. Rep. Susan Brooks brought educators and business leaders together to encourage students to consider it as a career path.
- Woman to be sentenced again for intimidation An Anderson woman’s sentence for robbery and battery was upheld but she will be sentenced again for an intimidation charge, following a ruling Thursday by The Indiana Court of Appeals.
- Lapel obtains required number The Lapel Town Council finally has enough votes to move forward with its voluntary annexation of land south of the town.
Priest: Decision is up to mother on child's return to class
A day after a mother pulled out a gun at a school meeting, school officials said it's up to the parent whether her child returns to class.
Geater Center celebrates remodeling of facility
The Geater Community Center held an open house Thursday afternoon to celebrate their remodeled facility and new gym floor.
- Arrest Log: April 18 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: April 18 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Friday, April 18.
- Local Briefs: April 18 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Students to England to raise funds at luncheon, auction On Saturday, the Students to England 2015 group will be sponsoring a luncheon and auction in the Lapel High School cafeteria/commons area.
- More Local News Headlines
- Anderson IREAD-3 test results show improvement