Find a balance to enjoy the work day
MUNCIE — Join Muncie Young Professionals and Formstack Culturist Kelly Millspaugh during the March ProLunch on Friday, March 15 at 11:30 a.m. at Minnetrista Cultural Center.
The cost is $15 for MYP members and $20 for non-members. If you are going to spend 40+ hours of your week at work, why not enjoy being there? Millspaugh will speak on finding the balance between work and fun, and how that right balance can create a unique vibrant culture.
For information, or to register, visit www.muncieyoungprofessionals.com. The RSVP deadline is Monday.
Safe Server class to be offered Sunday
FRANKTON — The Indiana Alcohol Safe Server training class is scheduled to be held at Bernie’s Bar, 112 Washington St., Frankton, this Sunday.
Any person who holds an Indiana Alcohol Beverage Permit is required to attend this class once every three years. New permit holders must take this class within 120 days of obtaining their permit.
Seating is limited. To reserve a seat call (317) 509-3900. Registration will begin 30 minutes prior to the class beginning. No one will be permitted to attend class if not registered before the start time.
Korean War veterans to meet Monday
ANDERSON — The Anderson Tri-County Chapter 308 of the KWVA (Korean War Veterans Association) will meet on Monday at noon at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 266, 3210 Columbus Ave., Anderson.
Any veterans of the Korean War or veterans who served in Korea are invited to attend. For further information, call Chapter Commander Ray Turpen at 643-7196 or Don Ellwood, serectary-treasurer, at 221-7513.
Donnelly gets his pick for chairman
INDIANAPOLIS — Sen. Joe Donnelly’s pick to become the new Indiana Democratic Party chairman won’t face any challengers for the position.
Democratic Party officials announced that veteran Capitol Hill staffer John Zody was the only person to meet Wednesday’s deadline to be considered for the chairmanship when the state central committee votes on its leadership Saturday.
Inmate charged with raping girl, 10
ELKHART — A northern Indiana prosecutor says a convicted child molester due to be released from prison in three months is being charged in the rape of a 10-year-old girl 25 years ago.
Elkhart County Prosecutor Curtis Hill said a DNA sample collected from the victim at the time of the crime matched that of Robert Quinn, 50. Quinn is imprisoned at New Castle Correctional Facility in eastern Indiana for violating parole on a 2005 child molesting conviction.
Dolan to give Notre Dame address
SOUTH BEND — Cardinal Timothy Dolan of New York will be the principal commencement speaker at the University of Notre Dame in May and receive an honorary degree.
Dolan is considered a candidate to succeed Pope Benedict XVI. He’s the president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops and one of the best known religious figures in the U.S.
Dolan has helped lead the challenge to the White House mandate for birth control coverage in health insurance.
Find a balance to enjoy the work day
- Local News
- 'Tis the season for giving Frankie Smith has spent almost three decades ringing bells for the Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign. This week he had to walk away from his jo b.
- Officials field questions on health care The questions varied but confusion about the Affordable Care Act still seemed to be rampant among the people who showed up at an information meeting Wednesday evening.
- Anderson to purchase 10 patrol cars The Anderson City Council is being asked to approve the transfer of $430,000 in the police and fire department budgets for the purchase of 10 new patrol cars and an ambulance.
- Regional strategic plan to be developed The cities of Anderson, Muncie and New Castle are partnering with assistance from a federal grant for the development of a regional strategic plan.
- Local writers prepare for authors fair at Anderson Public Library Local author Elmore Hammes remembers when he first published a children’s book and a little girl approached him at a book signing. She wouldn’t stop smiling, not even to talk to the writer.
- Local Girl Scout Troop earns Super Troop award Girl Scouts from Troop 01695 in Madison County recently earned the Super Troop award from Girl Scouts of Central Indiana.
- Arrest Log: Dec. 12 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Empty Stocking Fund donations rise to nearly $4,000 Donations Tuesday increased the total received for The Herald Bulletin’s Empty Stocking Fund to $3,815.
- Person of the Year deadline is Friday The Herald Bulletin needs your help in selecting the 2013 community Person of the Year.
Local Briefs: Dec. 12
A compilation of local news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local News Headlines