Branson to speak at AU
ANDERSON — On Tuesday, from noon to 2 p.m., there will be a luncheon and lecture titled “Creationism and Science: A Continuing War” in Kane Dining Room at Olt Student Center.
The presenter will be Robert D. Branson, an ordained minister in the Church of the Nazarene. In 1976 he received a Ph.D. in biblical studies from Boston University and has taught at Eastern Nazarene College, Warner Southern College (now Warner University) and Olivet Nazarene University.
Cost is $5. For reservations or questions, call the dean’s office at 641-4033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library to offer Irish genealogy class
ANDERSON — Many Americans have Irish ancestors but researching them can be difficult. On Monday, at 6 p.m., Anderson Public Library Indiana Room staff will briefly review the history of Irish immigration to Indiana and talk about the resources that are available—both online and offline—to help you trace your ancestors back to the Emerald Isle.
Class size is limited. Call 641-2456 to register.
Red Hatters to meet for lunch
ANDERSON — The March meeting of the WOW Red Hatters of Madison County will be Saturday at Perkins Restaurant on South Scatterfield Road, Anderson. Lunch will be at 11 a.m.
Contact Jean Leedy at 642-9514 for more information.
Indiana House plans $750K renovation
INDIANAPOLIS — Indiana’s House Republicans are looking to spend $750,000 on renovations to office furniture, new carpeting and ceiling repairs in their Statehouse chamber in the coming years.
The House GOP added the measure to the $30 billion budget it approved last month as a single line item reading only “renovation.” The Associated Press discovered it in a review of the budget Thursday.
Mom accused of selling child for porn
GARY — The FBI says a Gary woman accused of accepting money from a man to allow her young daughter to be used in pornographic photographs appears in one image in which the child is nude.
The 24-year-old woman is charged with selling her child for the production of child pornography and permitting the child to participate in its production.
Thirty-nine-year-old Christopher Bour is charged with purchasing a child for production of child pornography, producing child pornography and possessing child pornography featuring a minor under age 12.
Branson to speak at AU
- Local News
- Learning block by block More than 45 toddlers and parents came to the Pendleton Public Library on Thursday to play with blocks. Although that seems like a fairly normal, everyday activity, the children were learning skills that will help them down the road.
- Homeless man to be buried in Maplewood A funeral will be held at East Maplewood Cemetery at 9:30 a.m. today for Christopher Cook, a homeless man who died on April 17.
- Property tax deadline May 12 Almost 200 property owners have taken advantage of a new program implemented by the Madison County treasurer’s office that allows for monthly tax payments.
- City to celebrate Earth Day After a one-year hiatus, the celebration of Earth Day in Anderson will take place at Shadyside Memorial Park this Saturday.
- Clerk candidates discuss service, vote centers A seasoned politician is facing a candidate who says he is prepared to tackle the “egotistical officials pursuing lawless agendas” in this year’s race for Madison County clerk.
- South Madison offers 'cyber safety' program for parents From Facebook and Twitter to Instagram and Tmbler, the list of social media websites is long and seems to grow almost daily.
- City plans to extend 67th Street to Main Street The city of Anderson is moving forward with plans to extend 67th Street from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard east to Main Street over the next few years as funds become available.
Luck, Colts to open season against Manning's Broncos
The Indianapolis Colts will open the 2014 regular season at AFC champion Denver in a Sunday night showdown pitting quarterback Peyton Manning against his former team.
- Arrest Log: April 24 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Ritz to speak at APA's Senior Girls Luncheon Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction Glenda Ritz will be the guest speaker at Anderson Preparatory Academy's Senior Girls Luncheon on April 29.
- More Local News Headlines