ANDERSON, Ind. — Scattered showers and thunderstorms will continue today, and as a result we will see cooler temperatures. Highs will reach the upper 60s tio lower 70s. Another weaker storm syustem will arrive late Saturday and give us the chance for a few showers and thunderstorms. Mother's Day still looks dry, but cool, with highs only in the upper 50s. There is a chance of of a frost or freeze Monday morning.
- Local News
- 'Tis the season for giving Frankie Smith has spent almost three decades ringing bells for the Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign. This week he had to walk away from his jo b.
- Officials field questions on health care The questions varied but confusion about the Affordable Care Act still seemed to be rampant among the people who showed up at an information meeting Wednesday evening.
- Anderson to purchase 10 patrol cars The Anderson City Council is being asked to approve the transfer of $430,000 in the police and fire department budgets for the purchase of 10 new patrol cars and an ambulance.
- Regional strategic plan to be developed The cities of Anderson, Muncie and New Castle are partnering with assistance from a federal grant for the development of a regional strategic plan.
- Local writers prepare for authors fair at Anderson Public Library Local author Elmore Hammes remembers when he first published a children’s book and a little girl approached him at a book signing. She wouldn’t stop smiling, not even to talk to the writer.
- Local Girl Scout Troop earns Super Troop award Girl Scouts from Troop 01695 in Madison County recently earned the Super Troop award from Girl Scouts of Central Indiana.
- Arrest Log: Dec. 12 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Empty Stocking Fund donations rise to nearly $4,000 Donations Tuesday increased the total received for The Herald Bulletin’s Empty Stocking Fund to $3,815.
- Person of the Year deadline is Friday The Herald Bulletin needs your help in selecting the 2013 community Person of the Year.
Local Briefs: Dec. 12
A compilation of local news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local News Headlines