Presidential trivia meeting topic
ANDERSON — The Women’s League of The Anderson Center for the Arts will meet at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the arts center, 32 W. 10th St.
Stephen Jackson, Madison County historian, will present the program “Presidential Trivia.”
Refreshments will be served prior to the meeting and the public is invited to attend. For more information, call 649-1248 or visit www.andersonart.org.
Yates speaker at historical meeting
ANDERSON — Monday, at 7 p.m., Gene Yates, a decorated World War II veteran who served with the 11th Airborne Division in the Pacific, will be the speaker at the Madison County Historical Society meeting. Yates will discuss the raid on Los Banos, an internment camp for civilians and militaries in the Philippines during the war.
The presentation will be in the Bowman Room in the History Center, 11 W. 11th St., and is open to the public at no charge.
Winter birdwatching in Indiana lecture
ANDERSON — The Madison County Master Gardeners Saturday Lecture Series will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday in the Miami Room of Anderson Public Library, 111 E. 12th St.
Scott Andersen of Seedy Sally’s will speak on the art of winter birdwatching in Madison County. There is no admission charge.
For more information, call 641-9514 or email to email@example.com.
Indiana 28 remains closed at Elwood
ELWOOD — Closure of Indiana 28 for emergency repairs at Elwood is expected to continue through next Wednesday. Northbound and southbound left turns from Ind. 13 at Ind. 28 are now prohibited.
The highway has been closed since a Feb. 14 water main break. The hole is being filled and aggregate put in place as a temporary repair. Restoration of asphalt lanes will be done later.
I-69 lane restrictions set near Fort Wayne
FORT WAYNE — Traffic in the right lanes of northbound and southbound Interstate 69 near the Union Chapel Road interchange in Allen County will see intermittent lane restrictions each day from 7 a.m. until about 5 p.m. March 1, according to the Indiana Department of Transportation.
Rare World War II cartoons shown
INDIANAPOLIS – Rare “Private Snafu” U.S. military training films will be shown March 1 at the Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library in Indianapolis. The short films are for mature audiences and were created to convey information to soldiers with low reading skills.
The character of Private Snafu was created by film director Frank Capra and voiced by the legendary Mel Blanc, who provided the voice for cartoon star Bugs Bunny. Many episodes were written by Theodore “Dr. Seuss” Geisel.
Fort Wayne fort needs new roof
FORT WAYNE — A nonprofit group that operates a reproduction of Fort Wayne’s early 19th century fort is seeking donations to help replace its worn-out roof.
The timber-framed building opened in 1976 during the nation’s bicentennial.
Presidential trivia meeting topic
- Local News
Luck, Colts to open season against Manning's Broncos
The Indianapolis Colts will open the 2014 regular season at AFC champion Denver in a Sunday night showdown pitting quarterback Peyton Manning against his former team.
- Survivors of violent accident, mother and baby return home from hospital The past two and a half weeks of Rebecca Sperry's life have been a harrowing series of ups and downs.
- Federal trial finds man guilty of 2003 attempted bank robbery, shootout with police A man has been convicted in federal court, more than 10 years after he exchanged gunfire with an Anderson police officer during an attempted bank robbery.
Reservoir opponents take message to Earth Day
Opponents of a proposed reservoir in central Indiana hope to use this weekend's Earth Day festivals to spread the word about their concerns about the $350 million dam project, which would inundate part of a state park known for its ancient earthworks.
- Colts donate $18,000 to city cleanup campaign A donation of $18,000 from the Indianapolis Colts will cover the costs of the city's participation in the 30th annual Rev. JT Menifee Cleanup campaign.
- Arrest Log: April 24 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Ritz to speak at APA's Senior Girls Luncheon Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction Glenda Ritz will be the guest speaker at Anderson Preparatory Academy's Senior Girls Luncheon on April 29.
- What's Where: April 24 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Thursday.
- Hospital's ER Department plans annual golf tournament Community Hospital Anderson’s Emergency Department will host its 12th annual golf tournament on Friday, June 20, at The Edge golf course. The Florida-style scramble will begin with a Lifeline helicopter liftoff at 1 p.m.
- Local & State Briefs: April 24 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local News Headlines
- Luck, Colts to open season against Manning's Broncos