Read Sunday's print edition of The Herald Bulletin for a special, in-depth report on Anderson's efforts to annex property to the southwest and northeast of the city. The report will include an article detailing the potential impact of annexation on the proposed Mallard Lake Landfill near Killbuck School.
- Local News
Democratic congressional candidates discuss issues
The three candidates hoping to become the first Democrat to represent portions of central Indiana in more than 25 years met Wednesday in the only planned debate of the primary campaign.
- Federal trial finds man guilty of 2003 attempted bank robbery, shootout with police A man has been convicted in federal court, more than 10 years after he exchanged gunfire with an Anderson police officer during an attempted bank robbery.
Reservoir opponents take message to Earth Day
Opponents of a proposed reservoir in central Indiana hope to use this weekend's Earth Day festivals to spread the word about their concerns about the $350 million dam project, which would inundate part of a state park known for its ancient earthworks.
- Serving customers important to both recorder candidates Two Republicans are vying in the May 6 primary for their party's nomination for Madison County recorder and both say this race is all about customer service.
- Turner denies wrongdoing in ethics investigation State Rep. Eric Turner, through written responses, denied breaking any House rules in regard to an Ethics Committee investigation.
- Arrest Log: April 23 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Saturday auction fundraiser for Misty Eads On Saturday, a fundraiser auction will be held at Florida Station Church of God, 1045 W. 375N, for Misty Eads who has a rare kidney artery disease called polyarteritis nodosa that requires a kidney transplant.
- What's Where: April 23 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday.
- More Local News Headlines