ANDERSON, Ind. — There is a small warmup heading this way for the end of the work week. High temperatures today will be about 10-15 degrees below average, around 40. By Friday, highs reach the lower 50s, and weekend temps dip back into the lower 40s. A few different waves will move through, offering repeated chances for rain and snow. A wintry mix is likely this afternoon and evening. Another wave will give us rain Saturday morning, then another wintery mix Sunday.
- Local News
- Love and basketball: Indians sort Christmas toys for needy families After a tough loss in Fort Wayne the night before, the Anderson High School boys basketball team helped make Christmas a reality for needy children in Madison County on Sunday.
- Red Gold raises more than $10,000 for food bank Red Gold’s second annual Run to Crush Hunger, held Oct. 12 in Elwood, raised more than $10,000 to benefit Second Harvest Food Bank.
- United Way working to meet basic needs of residents While one major goal of the United Way of Madison County is to prevent families from falling into crisis, another is to meet the basic needs of individuals who are already experiencing hard times.
Federal complaint unsealed against health center
A doctor formerly employed at the Madison County Community Health Center is alleging that some of the center’s doctors improperly prescribed medication as a way to receive federal and state funding.
- Funding provided for Eisenhower Bridge study A contract has been awarded by the Madison County Council of Governments for the proposed replacement of the Eisenhower Bridge in downtown Anderson over the White River.
- Arrest Log: Dec. 9 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Saturday and Sunday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Cold, snow to pervade county throughout week The cold snap that swept through most of the country following the first major winter storm of the season gave Madison County an icy weekend. And the conditions aren't expected to improve.
- What's Where: Dec. 9 Local meetings and activities are planned Monday.
House of Hope helps transform lives
Kent South was an addict and a drain on society. Now he is the assistant director at House of Hope, the agency that helped him transform his life.
- THB wins 2 firsts, 9 awards in HSPA contest The Herald Bulletin received nine awards, including two first places, Saturday at the Hoosier State Press Association's annual awards luncheon.
- More Local News Headlines