ANDERSON, Ind. — The 70s welcomes us into the work week. Even sunshine is expected for at least this afternoon and for most of Tuesday. A spotty early shower is possible Tuesday. Wednesday some changes move in . Scattered showers and t-storms will be likely, off and on through next weekend. High temps will be cooler by the end of the week.
- Local News
- Funding provided for Eisenhower Bridge study A contract has been awarded by the Madison County Council of Governments for the proposed replacement of the Eisenhower Bridge in downtown Anderson over the White River.
- Red Gold raises more than $10,000 for food bank Red Gold’s second annual Run to Crush Hunger, held Oct. 12 in Elwood, raised more than $10,000 to benefit Second Harvest Food Bank.
- United Way working to meet basic needs of residents While one major goal of the United Way of Madison County is to prevent families from falling into crisis, another is to meet the basic needs of individuals who are already experiencing hard times.
Federal complaint unsealed against health center
A doctor formerly employed at the Madison County Community Health Center is alleging that some of the center’s doctors improperly prescribed medication as a way to receive federal and state funding.
- Love and basketball: Indians sort Christmas toys for needy families After a tough loss in Fort Wayne the night before, the Anderson High School boys basketball team helped make Christmas a reality for needy children in Madison County on Sunday.
- State dentistry board moves forward against Metzner The Indiana State Board of Dentistry voted to approve the cease-and-desist order against Sally Metzner and the Anderson Dental Clinic on Friday night.
- Indiana lawmakers face ambitious agenda in short session Lawmakers are crafting an aggressive agenda for the new year that includes a tax break for businesses, preschool funding for the poor, road spending and a divisive constitutional amendment – all packaged into a so-called “short session” of the Legislature.
- Arrest Log: Dec. 9 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Saturday and Sunday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Cold, snow to pervade county throughout week The cold snap that swept through most of the country following the first major winter storm of the season gave Madison County an icy weekend. And the conditions aren't expected to improve.
- What's Where: Dec. 9 Local meetings and activities are planned Monday.
- More Local News Headlines