ANDERSON, Ind. — The 70s welcomes us into the work week. Even sunshine is expected for at least this afternoon and for most of Tuesday. A spotty early shower is possible Tuesday. Wednesday some changes move in . Scattered showers and t-storms will be likely, off and on through next weekend. High temps will be cooler by the end of the week.
- Local News
Lightning might have caused Anderson funeral home fire
A lightning strike is suspected of starting a fire at Rozelle-Johnson Funeral Services, Ind. 32 and Rangeline Road, early Friday morning.
- Anderson cop Richardson loses rank Seven months after Anderson Police officer Bill Richardson was arrested in January but not criminally charged, the department has disciplined the officer.
- Agapios pleads not guilty on 5 felonies Dr. George Agapios, a physician who worked in Pendleton and Anderson, entered a plea of not guilty on five felony charges Thursday in a Hamilton County courtroom.
- Sentence reduced for man convicted of beating victims with bat An Indianapolis man who beat another man with a baseball bat had his sentence reduced on appeal on Thursday.
- Arrest Log: Aug. 22 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
County escapes major storm damage
Despite strong winds and heavy storms Thursday night, Madison County property escaped relatively unscathed.
Local Briefs: Aug. 22
A compilation of news items of local and state interest as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Rainy move-in doesn't dampen freshman spirit
In the 14 years he's taken part in freshmen move-in day, Stu Erny, director of Campus Ministries and International Student Services at Anderson University, said this is the first time the weather has been unpleasant.
Stone Brewery not locating in Indiana
Three Indiana communities, including Anderson, have been elimininated in their bids for Stone Brewing Co.’s East Coast facility.
Coats: Reservoir can't rely on federal funds
U.S. Sen. Dan Coats said proponents of the Mounds Lake Reservoir should not count on federal dollars to fund the $450 million project.
- More Local News Headlines
- Lightning might have caused Anderson funeral home fire