ANDERSON, Ind. — Rain chances diminish a bit today, becoming spotty late this afternoon. Most of the day remains dry with mostly cloudy skies. An isolated storm is possible on Tuesday, but again the majority of the day will be dry with clouds hanging around. Wednesday is the driest day, before more rain and storms move into our forecast to wrap up the week. Temperatures remain in the 70s all week long, with temps nearing 80s degrees Thursday and Friday.
- Local News
Second person dies following Ind. 9 accident
A second person has died from injuries following an accident Wednesday on Ind. 9. Clayton Crumley, 21, died at IU Health Methodist Hospital, officials said Thursday.
- Appeals Court: Pendleton prison worker harassed Indiana's prison agency forced a former female employee to work in a hostile environment at the Pendleton Correctional Facility, a federal appeals court in Chicago has ruled.
- Pagano breakfast sold out A breakfast with Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano is sold out, organizers said Wednesday.
- Work starts at sunrise at 4-H Fair With the skies filled with lightning and the threat of rain on the horizon the Madison County 4-H Fairgrounds was mostly vacant at 6 a.m. Wednesday.
- Ernie's Heart Pet Food Pantry collecting items The community is invited turn its "stuff" into pet food. Ernie's Heart Pet Food Pantry will be collecting "stuff" from downsizing, decluttering and redecorating on Saturday from noon to 4 p.m.
- Brown awarded $25,200 settlement A federal jury issued a split verdict in the discrimination case filed by Jack Brown against the city of Anderson that alleged violations of his free speech rights and the American Disabilities Act.
- Arrest Log: July 24 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
Showmanship competition reveals best handler
With a tug here, a push there, and gentle directional tapping with a small aluminum stick, Savannah Martin of Summitville won Wednesday's Supreme Showman trophy after four rounds directing swine, sheep, goats and steers through various handling exercises.
- Man arrested at fair after witnesses say he battered his son A father was arrested at the Madison County 4-H Fair Tuesday night after witnesses said he went too far in disciplining his 4-year-old son.
Wayne arrives in IndyCar for Colts Camp
Ed Carpenter woke up to rain Wednesday morning and briefly worried his big opportunity might be lost. But the two-time Indianapolis 500 pole-sitter's fear proved to be unfounded. He delivered Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Reggie Wayne safely to Anderson University at the wheel of a two-seat IndyCar.
- More Local News Headlines
- Second person dies following Ind. 9 accident