Mounds Friends to meet Thursday
ANDERSON — The Friends of Mounds State Park will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Nature Center to discuss their main fundraiser: the May 18 plant sale.
They will also discuss the new shelter house, spring house trail and Bronnenberg House open house set for June 23.
The public is invited to the meeting; refreshments will be served.
Coats’ mobile office to stop in Cicero
CICERO — A staff member of U.S. Sen. Dan Coats, R-Ind., will visit Cicero from 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday to assist Hoosiers experiencing problems with a federal agency.
The mobile office will be at Hamilton North Public Library, 209 W. Brinton St.
American Legion Post 127 meets
ANDERSON — The American Legion Post 127, 4118 Columbus Ave., will have a meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 14.
Retired teachers host pitch-in at park
ANDERSON — The Madison County Retired Teachers will have a pitch-in at noon on Monday, May 20, at Davis Park Shelter House, Indiana 32 (east of Layton Road). Each member is asked to bring a favorite dish to share. Chicken, drinks and tableware will be furnished.
New members, spouses and friends are welcome to attend. Speaker will be Dennis Lanane, who will be reporting on recent initiatives of the Madison County Triad and several state and local senior support organizations with which he is affiliated. A slate of officers will be presented.
Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. and cost is $6. RSVP by Wednesday to Ross Buckman at 643-5462 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Heart education program Thursday
MUNCIE — “Mom and Me Beat Heart Disease” is an education program on Thursday at the Ball State University Alumni Center.
From 5:30 to 7 p.m., there will be a health and education fair. At 7 p.m., Linda Daniel, PhD, director, IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital Family Medicine Residency, will present the hour-long program, “Healthy Families for a Healthy Community.”
Used computer sale by APL Friends
ANDERSON — Friends of the Anderson Public Library will have a used computer sale Friday and Saturday from noon to 4:30 p.m. during their regular monthly book sale.
The computer sale will feature used library computers, monitors, mice, keyboards, telephones, scanners, cables, and other electronic equipment and accessories.
Items will be priced at $30 or less and sold as is. The computer sale will be in the Delaware Room at the Main Library, 111 E. 12th St.
Health Center to host workshop
ANDERSON — Today at 6:30 p.m., the Madison County Community Health Center will host a Diabetes Workshop “Power over Diabetes” at its facility, 1547 Ohio Ave.
The goal of the workshop is to create awareness about diabetes, management and treatment of the disease.
For more information, call Kim Rayford at 641-2601, ext 124.
Mounds Friends to meet Thursday
- Local News
Anderson IREAD-3 test results show improvement
Two Anderson elementary schools posted double-digit increases in the percentage of third-graders who passed the IREAD-3 test last month, according to preliminary results released by school officials.
- Educators, agribusiness leaders discuss careers Citing approximately 55,000 new jobs being created annually in agribusiness, U.S. Rep. Susan Brooks brought educators and business leaders together to encourage students to consider it as a career path.
- Woman to be sentenced again for intimidation An Anderson woman’s sentence for robbery and battery was upheld but she will be sentenced again for an intimidation charge, following a ruling Thursday by The Indiana Court of Appeals.
- Lapel obtains required number The Lapel Town Council finally has enough votes to move forward with its voluntary annexation of land south of the town.
Priest: Decision is up to mother on child's return to class
A day after a mother pulled out a gun at a school meeting, school officials said it's up to the parent whether her child returns to class.
Geater Center celebrates remodeling of facility
The Geater Community Center held an open house Thursday afternoon to celebrate their remodeled facility and new gym floor.
- Arrest Log: April 18 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: April 18 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Friday, April 18.
- Local Briefs: April 18 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Students to England to raise funds at luncheon, auction On Saturday, the Students to England 2015 group will be sponsoring a luncheon and auction in the Lapel High School cafeteria/commons area.
- More Local News Headlines
- Anderson IREAD-3 test results show improvement