Mounds Friends to meet Thursday
ANDERSON — The Friends of Mounds State Park will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Nature Center to discuss their main fundraiser: the May 18 plant sale.
They will also discuss the new shelter house, spring house trail and Bronnenberg House open house set for June 23.
The public is invited to the meeting; refreshments will be served.
Coats’ mobile office to stop in Cicero
CICERO — A staff member of U.S. Sen. Dan Coats, R-Ind., will visit Cicero from 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday to assist Hoosiers experiencing problems with a federal agency.
The mobile office will be at Hamilton North Public Library, 209 W. Brinton St.
American Legion Post 127 meets
ANDERSON — The American Legion Post 127, 4118 Columbus Ave., will have a meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 14.
Retired teachers host pitch-in at park
ANDERSON — The Madison County Retired Teachers will have a pitch-in at noon on Monday, May 20, at Davis Park Shelter House, Indiana 32 (east of Layton Road). Each member is asked to bring a favorite dish to share. Chicken, drinks and tableware will be furnished.
New members, spouses and friends are welcome to attend. Speaker will be Dennis Lanane, who will be reporting on recent initiatives of the Madison County Triad and several state and local senior support organizations with which he is affiliated. A slate of officers will be presented.
Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. and cost is $6. RSVP by Wednesday to Ross Buckman at 643-5462 or email to email@example.com.
Heart education program Thursday
MUNCIE — “Mom and Me Beat Heart Disease” is an education program on Thursday at the Ball State University Alumni Center.
From 5:30 to 7 p.m., there will be a health and education fair. At 7 p.m., Linda Daniel, PhD, director, IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital Family Medicine Residency, will present the hour-long program, “Healthy Families for a Healthy Community.”
Used computer sale by APL Friends
ANDERSON — Friends of the Anderson Public Library will have a used computer sale Friday and Saturday from noon to 4:30 p.m. during their regular monthly book sale.
The computer sale will feature used library computers, monitors, mice, keyboards, telephones, scanners, cables, and other electronic equipment and accessories.
Items will be priced at $30 or less and sold as is. The computer sale will be in the Delaware Room at the Main Library, 111 E. 12th St.
Health Center to host workshop
ANDERSON — Today at 6:30 p.m., the Madison County Community Health Center will host a Diabetes Workshop “Power over Diabetes” at its facility, 1547 Ohio Ave.
The goal of the workshop is to create awareness about diabetes, management and treatment of the disease.
For more information, call Kim Rayford at 641-2601, ext 124.
Mounds Friends to meet Thursday
- Local News
- Lapel considers annexation The town of Lapel could annex approximately 11 square miles from the town south to Interstate 69, pending the outcome of a feasibility study. Last month a group of homeowners, currently at about 60 members, signed petitions asking to be incorporated into the town city limits.
Federal complaint unsealed against health center
A doctor formerly employed at the Madison County Community Health Center is alleging that some of the center’s doctors improperly prescribed medication as a way to receive federal and state funding.
Remembering a day when thousands lost their lives
Today the memory of Pearl Harbor is beginning to fade as fewer and fewer events are held in remembrance and fewer and fewer people attend them. About two dozen people gathered for a program on Saturday at the VFW Post 266 to honor those who died in the attack.
- Revitalization efforts increase business for local shopping center Jeff Roberts was born and raised in the city, which is why he says he is so passionate about its growth and business development.
- Person of the Year deadline is Friday The Herald Bulletin needs your help in selecting the 2013 community Person of the Year.
- THB wins 2 firsts, 9 awards in HSPA contest The Herald Bulletin received nine awards, including two first places, Saturday at the Hoosier State Press Association's annual awards luncheon.
- United Way working to meet basic needs of residents While one major goal of the United Way of Madison County is to prevent families from falling into crisis, another is to meet the basic needs of individuals who are already experiencing hard times.
- From rugby, with love INDIANAPOLIS -- Daniel Adongo had just one question before his first workout for the Indianapolis Colts. Did the team want him to run barefoot, or should he pull on his cleats? The 24-year-old Kenyan represents one of the biggest gambles in NFL histo
- Arrest Log: Dec. 8 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Friday and Saturday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Library to host sixth annual Local Authors Fair The Anderson Public Library will host 16 Madison County authors on Friday, Dec. 13, and Saturday, Dec. 14 at the sixth annual Local Authors Fair and Book Signing.
- More Local News Headlines