Library to host self-defense program
ANDERSON — Anderson Public Library, 111 E. 12th St., Anderson, will host a free self-defense program for women from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Monday.
The program will consist of strikes and countermeasures along with escape techniques to help one defend themselves against a would-be attacker. Safety information will also be provided.
The program will be instructed by a sixth-degree black belt, Ed Leonard.
The program is open to females over the age of 13. Register at www.andersonlibrary.net or by calling 641-2456.
Free Parkinson’s Therapy seminar
MUNCIE — Indiana University Health Ball Memorial Hospital is offering a free seminar on Parkinson’s Therapy from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at IU Health Ball Memorial Rehabilitation Center, 3300 W. Community Drive, Muncie.
Dr. John Wulff, neurologist with Neurology of Eastern Indiana and a member of the IU Health Ball Memorial medical staff, will discuss recent advances in therapy treatment for patients with Parkinson’s disease.
To register call 741-1073 or (800) 237-9625.
No MOB registration this month
ANDERSON — There will be no Merchants Older Buddies (MOB) registration this month. The next registration will be Thursday, June 13 from 12:30 to 2:15 p.m. at Park Place Community Center, 802 E. 5th St.
The registration offers discounts to those 60 years of age and older at various area merchants for a one-time fee of $4.
For more information, call Haskell Counts at 643-8843.
Korean War vets meet Monday
ANDERSON — The Anderson Tri-County Chapter 308 of KWWA (Korean War Veterans Association) will meet at noon Monday at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 266, 3210 Columbus Ave.
Any veterans of the Korean War or veterans who served in Korea are invited to attend.
For more information call Chapter Commander Ray Turpen at 643-7196.
Health Fair today at CrownPointe
ANDERSON — A Physicians Care Spring Health Fair will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. today at CrownPointe Senior Living Communities, 2727 CrownPointe Circle, Anderson.
Guest speakers will be Dr. David Mares, pulmonary care; Dr. Li, vision care; Dr. Carrie Dixon, clinical psychologist. Speakers will begin at 2 p.m.
For more information contact Debbie Thompson at 641-9995 or Pat Parker at 810-6091.
Cox bereavement group speaker
ANDERSON — Dr. Glen Cox, executive director of the Christian Counseling Center of Madison County, will speak at the 7 p.m. Thursday meeting for the Bereavement Support Ministry. The group meets at Bethany Christian Church, 1920 N. Rangeline Road.
His topic will be “Re-entering the Flow of Life.” Call the church at 643-5713 for more information.
Library to host self-defense program
- Local News
Anderson IREAD-3 test results show improvement
Two Anderson elementary schools posted double-digit increases in the percentage of third-graders who passed the IREAD-3 test last month, according to preliminary results released by school officials.
- Educators, agribusiness leaders discuss careers Citing approximately 55,000 new jobs being created annually in agribusiness, U.S. Rep. Susan Brooks brought educators and business leaders together to encourage students to consider it as a career path.
- Woman to be sentenced again for intimidation An Anderson woman’s sentence for robbery and battery was upheld but she will be sentenced again for an intimidation charge, following a ruling Thursday by The Indiana Court of Appeals.
- Lapel obtains required number The Lapel Town Council finally has enough votes to move forward with its voluntary annexation of land south of the town.
Priest: Decision is up to mother on child's return to class
A day after a mother pulled out a gun at a school meeting, school officials said it's up to the parent whether her child returns to class.
- Heating assistance provided to 4,445 households Almost 5,000 households in Madison and Grant counties received assistance this past winter with their heating bills, members of the Central Indiana Community Action Program learned this week.
Geater Center celebrates remodeling of facility
The Geater Community Center held an open house Thursday afternoon to celebrate their remodeled facility and new gym floor.
- Arrest Log: April 18 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: April 18 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Friday, April 18.
- Local Briefs: April 18 A compilation of news items of local and statewide interest as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local News Headlines
- Anderson IREAD-3 test results show improvement