ANDERSON, Ind. — The warm weather will continue today. Highs will reach the low to mid 80s.There could be some scattered showers and thunderstorms across central Indiana this afternoon. Additional shower and thunderstorm chances will arrive Thursday and last through Saturday. It looks like temperatures will stay mild through next week.
- Local News
- Lapel turns dirt for new fire station After working on the details on financing for years, the Lapel Stony Creek Township Fire Territory is much closer to opening a new station after a ceremonial ground breaking Tuesday night.
Reservoir can't rely on federal funds
Sen. Dan Coats said proponents of the Mounds Lake Reservoir should not count on federal dollars to fund the $450 million project in the future.
Stone Brewery not locating in Indiana
Three communities in Indiana, including the city of Anderson, will not be the home of Stone Brewing Co.’s East Coast facility.
Prisoner found on roof
A prisoner at the Pendleton Correctional Facility was found on the roof of an administration building, Superintendent Dushan Zatecky said.
- Daleville gets first look at reservoir project The Imagine Mounds Lake project made a stop in Daleville on Thursday as residents came out to ask questions and see how the proposed reservoir might affect their lives.
Flood advisory issued for Madison County
The National Weather Service in Indianapolis issued a flood advisory for Madison and Delaware counties until 12:30 p.m. Thursday.
- What's Where: Aug. 21 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Thursday.
- Local Briefs: Aug. 21 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Two injured in accident at intersection missing stop sign Three weeks after a previous accident took out the stop sign at Sycamore Street and Nichol Avenue, another collision took place at the intersection Wednesday.
Anderson woman facing 90-year sentence in attempted abduction of infant
An Anderson woman faces up to 90 years in prison after pleading guilty to trying to abduct an infant in Muncie in 2013.
- More Local News Headlines