ANDERSON, Ind. — So far July has been very rainy, and we look to continue the trend today with scattered showers and thunderstorms as an upper level disturbance lingers. Temperatures will be below normal in the low 70s to low 80s across central Indiana. Rain chances remain in the forecast for the Fourth of July and the rest of this week with temperatures returning to normal by the weekend.
- Local News
Columbus Avenue building to be demolished after fire
Authorities will demolish an apartment building in the 2600 block of Columbus Avenue where firefighters battled a blaze today.
- Anderson to purchase 10 patrol cars The Anderson City Council is being asked to approve the transfer of $430,000 in the police and fire department budgets for the purchase of 10 new patrol cars and an ambulance.
- Arrest Log: Dec. 12 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Regional strategic plan to be developed The cities of Anderson, Muncie and New Castle are partnering with assistance from a federal grant for the development of a regional strategic plan.
- Local writers prepare for authors fair at Anderson Public Library Local author Elmore Hammes remembers when he first published a children’s book and a little girl approached him at a book signing. She wouldn’t stop smiling, not even to talk to the writer.
- Local Girl Scout Troop earns Super Troop award Girl Scouts from Troop 01695 in Madison County recently earned the Super Troop award from Girl Scouts of Central Indiana.
- Officials field questions on health care The questions varied but confusion about the Affordable Care Act still seemed to be rampant among the people who showed up at an information meeting Wednesday evening.
- Empty Stocking Fund donations rise to nearly $4,000 Donations Tuesday increased the total received for The Herald Bulletin’s Empty Stocking Fund to $3,815.
- Person of the Year deadline is Friday The Herald Bulletin needs your help in selecting the 2013 community Person of the Year.
Local Briefs: Dec. 12
A compilation of local news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local News Headlines
- Columbus Avenue building to be demolished after fire