- Local News
- Three local schools earn '4 Star' status More than 300 Indiana schools have received 4 Star designations, Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction Glenda Ritz announced Tuesday.
- Final draft of academic standards released The Indiana Department of Education released its final draft of proposed academic standards for Indiana, setting the stage for a new school future after Common Core.
- Commissioners vote to eliminate Personnel Board Madison County commissioners have decided to end the county’s Personnel Board.
- Local Briefs: April 15 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Arrest Log: April 15 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Sunday and Monday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- What's Where: April 15 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Tuesday, April 15.
- County to provide emergency texts Since the 1950s most communities relied on the old air raid sirens to warn residents of threatening weather, but Madison County is in the process of adapting new technology.
- 'Dinner in the Dark' set for April 26 Christ Lutheran Church will again host the “Dinner in the Dark,” benefiting Anderson Outreach Center for the Blind.
Local partnerships feed school children during weekends
Deanna McNeese says it is hard to listen to children talk about being hungry when school is not in session.
Mother of victim: Son was my hero
"He's my hero, and he always will be." That’s how Janelle Cox described her 23-year-old son, Jesse Sperry, who was killed in an April 6 traffic accident.
- More Local News Headlines