- Local News
- Colts donate $18,000 to city cleanup campaign A donation of $18,000 from the Indianapolis Colts will cover the costs of the city's participation in the 30th annual Rev. JT Menifee Cleanup campaign.
- Local & State Briefs: April 24 A compilation of local and state news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Serving customers important to both recorder candidates Two Republicans are vying in the May 6 primary for their party's nomination for Madison County recorder and both say this race is all about customer service.
- Turner denies wrongdoing in ethics investigation State Rep. Eric Turner, through written responses, denied breaking any House rules in regard to an Ethics Committee investigation.
- Arrest Log: April 23 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Saturday auction fundraiser for Misty Eads On Saturday, a fundraiser auction will be held at Florida Station Church of God, 1045 W. 375N, for Misty Eads who has a rare kidney artery disease called polyarteritis nodosa that requires a kidney transplant.
- What's Where: April 23 Local meetings and activities are scheduled Wednesday.
Treasurer candidates want partnerships
Democrats Kathy Mougeotte and Tamie Dixon-Tatum explain how they were inspired to run for a political office. They are opponents seeking their party's nomination for treasurer in the May 6 primary.
Incumbent challenged by first-time candidate
Kelly Gaskill says she's made numerous improvements in the operation of the Madison County treasurer's office since taking the helm in 2011. But her Republican challenger in the May 6 primary, Micah Mitchell, doesn't shy away from criticizing how Gaskill has run the office.
Parents speak out about mother coaching baseball after gun incident
A decision by the Brooklyn Little League to keep a mother who pulled a gun out during a school meeting in the league as a coach and board member has resulted in some parents taking sides on the issue.
- More Local News Headlines